“Breakfast is very limited each day.”

Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cohoes
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The promised breakfast is not delivered. The time was until 10 when I arrived. Now it is only till 9 am. We found out as we showed up at 9 am for breakfast and they were cleaning up. The waffle maker is broken most of the time. The breakfast is usually eggs, potatoes, cereal, instant oatmeal, toast, juice, and coffee. Any many days these items are limited also. Bagels, muffins, pastries, fruits, sausage or any meat have not been on the menu. The comforters are very worn. The rugs in the hall ways need cleaning. The staff are great but very unhappy with their jobs. The pool is nice and so is the gym.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Bobbie B, Owner at Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

We have increaesed our breakfast buffet to many options from bacon and sausage to other great items. Our times are pretty standard to relative hotels in the market. We do value your opinion and hope you will come back and see the difference in not only our breakfast but over all rooms. We have installed brand new flat screen tvs and are in the process of replacing some bedding as well. We are striving to exceed guest satisfaction and we all here are working as a team to make sure we deliver. Thanks for responding.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed there 1 night. Easy off the highway. Close to many restaurant. Paid 74$ for the night. Great lobby, tasty breakfast with hot eggs & french toast, fruits, danishes and muffins and classic waffle machine, pure american genius. Service superb. Lighted parking for my motorcycle. Safe area overall. Room not new but very acceptable. Highly efficient A/C. Tip-top clean. Bed too soft for me and pillows way too soft. I had to put 3 under my head to be slightly lifted..... Always check for bed bugs of course!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I booked a park and stay deal with this hotel for August 3, 2011, back when it was part of the Hilton Chain. I spoke wth a front desk clerk after the changeover to an independent hotel and he assured my reservation was still firm. He offered to send me an email confirming it. None arrived. Since that time I have left numerous voicemails and have sent more than 20 emails to the General Manger using the address on the "Contact us" button of their website. I have phoned the number on the website more times than I can count. Nobody answers the phone. Nobody responds to the emails. I think this property has probably gone bankrupt and closed shop, but I don't know how to find out for sure.
It appears that there are tripadvisor members who have stayed at this property recently. Can anybody help me get in touch with someone at the Stay Inn who can confirm that they are still open and my upcoming reservation is valid?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LUV2travel-notmuch$
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Formerly a Hampton Inn. Very friendly staff, nice room. My King Room also a pullout bed and a coffee table - nice place to eat and watch a ball game on TV. Bed had a sheet on top of the comforter, I guess good for hygiene, though never saw that before. Bed was very soft and comfortable. Bathroom big, bright, and clean. Coffee always on in lobby, decent breakfast bar, nice pool area. Only minus was that hallway seemed a little dark - hopefully new owners putting in new carpeting in hallway. Internet is wired. Most chain restaurants are about 1/2 mile away on Route 9. Easy access to Albany and I-87 Good value for money. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Booked on hotels.com
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2011

All staff were very helpful. Room newly renovated and very clean. Free breakfast in morning had great choice and good quality. Everything great. And the price was very, very reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I booked this room through Expedia based solely on the description and the rate. It stated that it was 5 miles from the airport, offered a free airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast in the morning. Since the rate was under $60, I booked it immediately.
I was stuck at the airport and called the hotel to have the shuttle come get me. I was told that the shuttle only runs from 8am-5pm (it was 7:15pm when I called) and that I'd have to take a cab. I told the representative that I'd like to cancel the reservation in that case, since I booked it mostly because of the shuttle. I was then told I couldn't cancel because I booked through Expedia and I was going to get charged no matter what. I had no choice but to keep the room.
After a $20 cab ride, I arrived at the hotel and asked for a cab to be called for me in the morning. I was then told all about the free breakfast, but then it was explained the breakfast wasn't served until after I left. Then why tell me?
But the best part was the cab ride that next morning. Apprently Albany has some kind of cab company called "Rude Cab Company" that is supposed to be a novelty. This was the company they called to pick me up at 5am. And the name says it all. The driver did not open the door or offer to help with my luggage. He payed loud, obnoxious music the whole time, and there was no meter in the vehicle. He simply pulled up to the curb and said "Twenty dollars."
So I spent $40 on cab rides to a hotel that charged me less than $60 for the room. I can't believe that a hotel would think it was good customer service to use a transportation compnay called "Rude Cab Company, " and it blows me away that they can advertise something they don't always offer.
I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone- unless you like spending a lot of money to be treated poorly.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This Hampton Inn has converted to a Stay Inn. The room and hotel are as you would expect. There is nothing fancy or exceptional about the hotel or room. The room was "normal"-sized and clean. The bathroom was in good shape. For my one-night stay this was a very good value.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cohoes
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Albany Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Airport
Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport)

Been to Comfort Inn Latham/Albany North? Share your experiences!