“Not a Plus but a Minus”

Rodeway Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cobleskill
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, grandson and I stayed there this summer. Although the room was clean the furnishings are very, very rundown. The mattresses were very old. There was even a huge crack through the whole outside window of our room that had only been glued, not replaced. It looked like it had been this way for a long time. The staff were very friendly and the bowling alley is a real plus. The man who runs the bowling alley went out of his way to be accommodating and helpful. I wouldn't return here unless the place was renovated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel O
BW_PLUS_Cobleskill, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. These comments have been shared with our team members and we are glad you found everyone to be very friendly. Thank you also for bringing the short comings to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We take our guests’ comments very seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve. In fact, we have renovations planned for the near future. We hope that you will be back to see the new improvements.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn and Suites

Reviewed August 27, 2012

In the heart of New York state near Howe Caverns and approx. 30 miles from Cooperstown we found a very nice motel with an indoor pool, a bowling alley, and a restaurant attached. The room was comfortable, and breakfast was good. There were sufficient restaurants in the area to accomodate almost anyone's taste for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have trouble climbing stairs (no elevator to the second floor)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BW_PLUS_Cobleskill, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We are happy to hear that you found our hotel convenient and comfortable. Your comments are appreciated and we are happy that you took the time to write the review. It is our hope that if your travels bring you back to the area we will be your first choice for accommodations.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Room was average but clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant very much but breakfast buffet was average. My favorite part was the pool. It was so warm and relaxing. The bowling alley was a different amenity and ended being a fun and convenient thing to do.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Our sincere thanks for choosing to stay with us while traveling with your family. We appreciate the time you took to write the review. Having the restaurant, indoor heated pool and bowling center make for a fun and relaxing get a way. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I just recently stayed here for a wedding. The check in was great, very fast, very informative staff with great personality! Our room was ready prior to check in time which was excellent, gave us some time to get ready for the wedding. They suggest we drove around to another entrance to be closer to our room, we did that and struggled outside with the room card trying the door over and over again, as we were about ready to give up someone came and opened the door for us and mentioned that they had the same issue. We found our room which was right next to the entrance, we walked in and there was a terrible smell, like an old mildew smell. It was very warm in the room, the a/c didnt seem to work that great, and there was only a few lamps in the room...it was so dark. The hotel is not quiet, we could hear the people in the room beside us talking as if they were in our room. The view was nice although my husband and I went to sit outside for a bit before the wedding and the picnic table in the field was not in good shape, very unsafe to sit on, the bench was all broke and the table itself was all torn to pieces. The bed was comfortable and we got a goodnight sleep after the wedding so all in all the hotel worked for what we needed it for, but if we went for a visit again we would certaintly find a different place to stay.We werent able to visit the restaurant, the pool or the bowling d/t the wedding so I cant give comment on those activities :)
**FYI when we were headed home Sunday afternoon, I looked at my ankle that was itching like crazy and I had 10 bug bites on the top of my foot, I am thinking it was either something in the bed or something in the carpets**

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
BW_PLUS_Cobleskill, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while attending a wedding held here at the Best Western PLUS of Cobleskill. Your comments are appreciated as we strive to provide the best accommodations and service possible for all of our guests. We are sorry if we fell short and please be assured that we are taking steps to correct any and all issues brought to our attention. Again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We recently stayed here while visiting Howe Caverns since it is only 10 minutes away and had good reviews. The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly and always willing to assist to make your stay as comforatable as possible. The restaurant on premises is nice and the staff there are exceptional! The breakfast buffet is ok but I was not thrilled with the dinner/lunch. It is ok food, but the pleasant atmosphere and the wonderful staff made it worth going. The room was clean and housekeeping did a great job cleaning up, even with my kids making such a mess. One problem that we had was that even though the shower head says it is anti-scald and gives you directions on how to use, after following those directions my husband and I were scalded several times. We did not allow our children to shower, they either bathed or used washclothes to clean up as I did not want them to get scalded. I should have informed the front desk, but the hotel was pretty full and I was not sure what they would have been able to do for me. The hotel also claims they have high speed free wifi, although I could not access it, at first, from my room. I called what I thought was a toll free number that they list in their book to get help and was told that I might have to get as close to the door as possible. The only way it worked is if I sat on the floor right next to the door inside my room. Very uncomfortable. Then I was charged $6.42 for that call. Not very happy about that. Other than that this really was a nice hotel with friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you like to be near the pool, ask for a poolside room as the other rooms are pretty far. Another...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Jennie S, thank you very much for your detailed review of your recent stay with us, your feedback is appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly, as we are often known for our cleanliness and friendless. Our maintenance department investigated the issue with the showerhead and it has been repaired. My deepest apologizes for the inconveniences with the internet; I have credited you for the phone call, and we are working with our internet provider so that we can provide better service. Thank you again for your feedback, your comments have been shared with all of our team members.

We hope to have you back as a guest of ours again soon,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Decent enough hotel. Pool looked a bit cloudy so did not go in. Got a renovated room on ground floor. Room was clean, though bathroom smelled a bit of mildew. Did not see any mold though. They are skimpy on towels and lighting in room (two lamps for whole room). Staff was courteous. Bowling was fun. Skipped $8 breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012
BW_PLUS_Cobleskill, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our team members. Reviews like the one you gave us are especially helpful so that we may improve our accommodations for our guests. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed bowling in our onsite 16 lane bowling center. Please come back and stay with us again.

Sales@bestwesterncobleskill.com

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Most important as always room was very clean. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was adequate. Bowling alley in facility was nice on that rainy day and having not played in years it was fun. Location was easy to access.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
BW_PLUS_Cobleskill, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for staying with us recently and choosing Best Western. The time you took to write this online review is appreciated and we enjoy hearing about your experience. We hope that you will come back soon so that you can stay with us and go bowling again!

All the best,
sales@bestwesterncobleskill.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobleskill
Super 8 Cobleskill NY
#1 of 1 in Richmondville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!