“The Stay Was OK”

Super 8 Cobleskill NY
Super 8 Cobleskill NY
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cobleskill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

staff needs to put their customers needs and complaints as their priority. As I was checking out on Sunday the 19th I overheard a conversation that someone was trying to contact one of my family members to return an item. I told that person to come with me and I would get him the family member. The individual didn't so I told him to give the property to my husband outside and he did. We left the hotel. I later got a call that said this same individual was given a key by Melissa or Aleshia and they let them selves in my room. I did not give permission for this person to enter my room and the front desk staff gave him a key anyways. He had no business to enter our room where my daughter was. I called the hotel and complained and asked that the individual be made to leave the hotel. Aleshia proceeded to argue with me and tell me that he did nothing wrong and didn't need to leave the hotel. Ultimately my family packed up our room and left the premesis. If you intend to stay here in the future make sure you lock you room it seems to be a place for family members to hang out. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never had an issue like this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lisa N, General Manager at Super 8 Cobleskill NY, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I would like to thank you for your response, even though I am a little confused by it seeings how when we were done talking yesterday about the situation you were ok and wanted to appologize for how rude you were to Alisha and wanted to make sure this would not effect any future stays. It is correct that James was at the hotel and he is Alisha's brother, but the reason he was at the hotel is because the teenagers you had staying with you invited him to stay. While you were checking out you told the front desk staff that it was ok for James to go to the room to get his belongings. I would agree with you about it being a place for family to hangout this weekend. I had some other guest complaints, who said that Friday night and Saturday you and your guests were in the lobby hanging out with the clerk, who is related to you.
Hagerstown
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Check in person was extremely helpful in referring us to a near by place to eat.. She was very pleasent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Thomas P
Lisa N, General Manager at Super 8 Cobleskill NY, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We are very glad that your stay was a good one. Hope to see you on your next trip through..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobleskill
Rodeway Inn and Suites
Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
Bayside Inn & Marina
Bayside Inn & Marina
#5 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Super 8 Cobleskill NY? Share your experiences!