“peggy house” 3 of 5 bubbles

Super 8 Cobleskill NY
and 1 more site!
Super 8 Cobleskill NY
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cobleskill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
MYRTLE BEACH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nice, friendly environment; clean and meeting all basic standards; weak on amenities; could have used a little pizzazz. We were once residents of this location for several decades, but this was a new view thru the eyes of a traveler/visitor. Great and practical stay for a passing-through guest, but a bit limited for a long-stay (5+ days) guest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

MANCHESTER
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location for visiting Howes Cavern. The staff was courteous and helpful. The bedside table lamps were on the same switch as the overhead light by the door so we were unable to turn off the lights by our bed without having to get up to turn off the switch by the door unless we wanted that light on. No luggage carts or a computer to print off boarding passes were available. The room smelled too strong of Febreze.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Westbrookville, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very clean, well maintained rooms and lobby. Front desk clerk that checked us in was a really likeable, pleasent woman. She helped us get the best for our buck. Also the breakfast in lobby was good. We liked the fact that there was a pool table in the side lobby for us to enjoy although we did not get a chance to use it . We would definitely recommend this hotel and we will stay there again if we get the chance. Thanks for a VERY PLEASANT STAY. You made us feel right at home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lisa N, Manager at Super 8 Cobleskill NY, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are very glad that you had such a great stay. We look forward to seeing you if you the next time you are in our area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I didn't even stay at this place but want to let everyone know the type of management that is running this establishment. We booked 1 room for two nights at the end of June for a stay August 17-18. We got notified that our baseball trip could possibly be cancelled a week after the reservation was made. I called and notified them and asked if it was ok to cancel without charge. They said no problem, I asked if I could hold off on canceling for another 7 days when I got the official word, once again the response was no problem. The trip gets officially cancelled and I call to cancel the reservation exactly 1 month prior to the actual date of the reservation. I get all the way through the cancelation process, to the point I am issued a cancellation confirmation number, and then I ask to have my Amex refunded. The hotel completely changed their stance on the cancellation and said that I would have to speak with management to get a refund. Management was not working during the time of my call, they requested my phone number and info. I gave my contact information and patiently waited for a return call to discuss why I was told one thing three consecutive times ( no problem on refund ) and why their action was the complete opposite. I still to this day have not been extended the courtesy call that I was promised to discuss. Clearly the management is a very small town mentality that preys on tourists each summer. Their motel was at capacity when I checked for the weekend of our stay. I can understand if I cancelled with no notice, however they had a month to work with back filling the vacancy, which they ultimately did but still reaped the profit of my absence. Buyer beware of this place. I come to Cooperstown each year and will make sure that the 30 members of our team know about the poor management at this motel.

Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I would like to start by apologizing for the confusion with this reservation and the cancellation. I did return your call and left a message with the explanation of the terms of booking the advance purchase rate that you booked online. The terms that are confirmed before and after you book this rate state that you are getting a discounted rate and that it requires full pre-payment and that there will be no credit or refund for early departures, cancellations, no shows or changes to your reservation for any reason.

Again, I do apologize for this issue and that we fell short of your expectations. I do encourage groups/teams that are coming to the area for events to set up a room block directly with the hotel at a discounted rate and with a different cancellation policy than what the advance purchase rate offers.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me at 518-234-4888.
Upstate, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel fit our needs for location and price. seems to be fairly new. there was a game area with some video games and a pool table I saw at check in. We had just gotten off the road fram a long day so we did not venture out and fell asleep early. All in all i would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a BASIC hotel. Rooms are old looking, but clean. No amenities. No elevator to 2nd floor. As other reviews say, you do smell cigarette smoke in halls, but we did not smell it in our non-smoking room. Thank goodness. The "breakfast" is juice, coffee, tea, bagels and donuts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobleskill
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown
Bayside Inn & Marina
Bayside Inn & Marina
#5 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Super 8 Cobleskill NY? Share your experiences!