“Nothing but a place to sleep.”

Super 8 Cobleskill NY
Super 8 Cobleskill NY
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cobleskill
Philadelphia, PA
“Nothing but a place to sleep.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a BASIC hotel. Rooms are old looking, but clean. No amenities. No elevator to 2nd floor. As other reviews say, you do smell cigarette smoke in halls, but we did not smell it in our non-smoking room. Thank goodness. The "breakfast" is juice, coffee, tea, bagels and donuts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Had a very short stay here again.............. Was traveling late at night and they held the reservation til we arrived. Also, provided more pillows at 1:30 am!!! PRICLESS...... The pull out couch was broken and not sleepable!!! But all else was clean and comfortable!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I and our dog recently spent a night at this hotel and had mixed feelings about our stay. The hotel is basic, but clean and the front desk staff were pleasant and accommodating. It was very quiet.

We had a large king room on the first floor. It appears that the entire first floor is non-smoking. When we arrived there was a faint smell of cigarettes in the room, as if it had been a smoking room at one time, but it wasn't overpowering. I think, however, that the venting/exhaust systems from the first and second floors must be connected because in the morning there was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke which became more and more pronounced, especially in the bathroom. My husband is severely allergic to cigarette smoke and by the time we left at 9 am or so he was in agony. It was an unfortunate end to an otherwise pleasant experience.

I'm not sure how the hotel can make this better, but I don't think we'll be staying there again because of the smoke issues.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank telechick
Upstate, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was a clean, pleasant hotel in a tourist area. Nothing flash, no restaurant, but a Dunkin' Donuts is across the street. I was there in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee, and many were trying to find a place to stay.I was there to help my sond and fDIL move to another apartment. The staff was pleasant, and there is a breakfast room in the lobby. There are, however, NO amenities. I needed a shower cap and toothpaste, but they didn't have anything, so if you forget something, there's a CVS down the street.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My daughter and I were at the Super 8 because she plays tournament softball and was here to play 5 days of games. We showed up not knowing what to expect. Lisa, the manager, was very helpful and moved my room closer to the rest of the team. It was long days on a softball field and I was happy to come back to a clean room. I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have stayed here many times due to my daughter attending college in this are. The hotel staff is always sweet and willing to accomodate in any way. Breakfast was great and very neat and clean. I would recommend to anyone to stay here!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
China Grove, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

The manager, Barbara, of this location bent over backwards for me. I was on a five day trip through New England on motorcycle. I got caught in a noreaster rain storm. After riding through rain for eight hours I was soaked. She was nice enough to help me dry my riding apparel for the next day. The room was clean and comfortable. The only possible complaints would be if you are a light sleeper then request to stay on the back side. I had a road side room and you can hear the passing cars. Besides that there is no complaints from this location. The morning breakfast was doughnuts that were fresh and the juice was good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cobleskill
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown
Bayside Inn & Marina
Bayside Inn & Marina
#5 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Super 8 Cobleskill NY? Share your experiences!