“Great Breakfast”

Dutch Village
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Clymer
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual dining. Nestled right in the heart of downtown Clymer NY. Twenty minutes from I86 and I90... Right around the corner from Peek-n-Peak resort and conference Center in Findley Lake, NY.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

While recently staying at Peek n Peak we had breakfast at Dutch Village. Food was great and service was speedy and friendly. French toast made from homemade bread what else can I say, blueberry pancakes were great too.

• Visited January 2014

wattsburg
“Farmers gather here”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Great breakfast, although a little pricey for a country destination. The service is very good and there is a nice gift shop to browse while you wait for your meal. Homemade bread that can't be beat!

Visited October 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
“Rustic charm”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This restaurant was all that I hoped it would be. Upon entry we were greeted with knick knacks and pastries in the case. We seated ourselves as we were told to. Press the button on the table and your server will come right over. I ordered the ham and eggs with homefries and my husband got the eggs and bacon. I declined the toast (which the waitress removed the cost of, never has a waitress done that before). My husband got the toast which turned out to be thick slices of their homemade bread. My breakfast had an entire ham slice, bone still intact. It was the best ham I've ever had. My husband's bacon was delicious. Even though it was breakfast he ordered dessert...the cinnamon roll. It was huge and fresh baked.
When we were finished we paid our bill which was very reasonable for all the food we had eaten. We walked around the shop and strolled upstairs to find a huge selection of crafty items. This place is small town friendly and filled with charm. So worth stopping.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank javajlh
Valley Cottage, New York
“Amazing Place!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food here is wonderful - from the thick cut fresh bread to the heaping entrees to the amazing deserts, we enjoyed every bite. The dutch apple pie and the peanut butter cream pie were real fan favorites.

After dinner, you can get lost wandering through the store portion of this place - from candles to artwork to furniture to a year round Christmas section - there's an amazing variety of great stuff to purchase.

This is a very warm, very friendly great family restaurant - will definitely visit again!

Visited August 2013
Orlando
“A mixed bag ...”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After we hiked the Fred Cusimano Overland Trail just down the road in Panama, we decided to go to Clymer for lunch at the Dutch Village. I've heard stories about breakfast rolls the size of your head (since I was a kid) and for the record we saw them in the case for sale and they looked yummy !

We sat down our server Darcy came over and greeted us, I asked if there was specials she told me " READ THE BOARD" I guess she was too busy to tell me them. Strike 1.

She took our drink order and brought hem promptly and we ordered. I had Potato soup and a chicken salad sandwich, my son a Bacon Cheeseburger and FF and mom a Pittsburg Salad.

The potato soup had no cheddar cheese on top and frankly it was pretty mushy more like mashed potato, frankly it was not good. Strike 2.

The Chicken salad came on homemade baked bread I'm guessing baked by the local Amish women. It was a little dry a bit more mayo,would have made it better, and I can't say that I remember ever having carrots in my Chicken Salad before, but it was fine. The bread was delicious.

Both my Mom and son had no complaints about their food, The folks at the next table asked at least twice for their check that I heard and the server said "I am kinda busy" - Strike 3 Darcy !
Too busy to collect the money ? I think some retraining is in order for her, I think maybe she needs to look up the word Hospitality !

There were plenty of local boys at the counter, they each looked like they had assigned seats and their own coffee mugs, as the other servers called them my name.

We didn't have the pie as we were pretty full, but the Cream pie was huge and looked yummy.

Would I go back ? Maybe for breakfast, I hear that's a better meal there. Lunch was a mixed bag, but in Clymer, NY the restaurant options are few.

• Visited July 2013