“Looks can be deceiving”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The building is rather nondescript from the outside. But, don't be fooled. Once inside you will find a cozy dining room and bar.

The food was very good and reasonable. The preparations are interesting and thoughtful. The menu is varied. I had the fried chicken breast that had a little Cajun heat and was drizzled with honey. It was delicious. The heat from the spice and the sweetness of the honey nicely complemented each other. The accompanying asparagus was perfectly cooked. The potato wedges had just a bit of heat to them. Last but not least was a delicious tiramisu cake.

This was my first visit, but it definitely won't be my last.

There are newer reviews for Cameron's Restaurant

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

So I had some visitors from out of state that have been to the area several times and wanted to go somewhere new. I asked around and checked my handy trip advisor app, both recommending Cameron's. I am so glad we decided to try this place! First off, our server was fantastic. One of the people in our party has a very goofy personality and she just rolled with it and joked with him even. All of our needs were met promptly and she checked on us often. Our food was excellent. One had goat cheese stuffed chicken, yum, another had filet with bernaise sauce and crab stuffing, double yum and cooked exactly the medium rare he wanted, and I had ravioli with a pesto cream with bay scallops and shrimp. Let me just say, most restaurants don't offer bay scallops like that because they over cook so easily but mine were cooked perfectly. We all had drinks and desert and it was all excellent and we want to go back again. I really do recommend this place. Ignore the facade, the inside is welcoming and the food is excellent.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Best place in town for a night out! I am a frequent customer... The family owned restaurant has a great vibe, fantastic and diverse menu !

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Since May 1, 2013 we have dined here 3 times. For us that is a lot of dining out in just a short time, but we have enjoyed each and every meal.
Cameron's is a lovely restaurant with a very attentive staff and excellent chef. The portions are good size, we have always brought something home with us.

To start with we have had the Crab Cakes. Two good size ball shaped portions are light and full of flavor. They are served with a cajun remoulade. We get one order and split it.

Your entree will come with a salad of field greens, balsamic vinaigrette, toasted almonds and dried cranberries. But we have had the tomato-mozzeralla salad which is very good also.
For entree's we have had and recommend the New York Strip, A stuffed flank steak severed over wide pasta noodles, a pork dish( the name escapes me) it consisted of two pork loins wrapped in prosciutto topped with mozzarella cheese and served with asparagus and steak fries. A boneless skinless chicken breast with roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and topped with mozzarella cheese over wide noodle pasta, Angel hair scampi with shrimp added, and Ravioli with prosciutto basil pesto cream sauce with shrimp and small scallops added.

Desserts are delicious. We have had Creme Brulee,( I suggest you call ahead to see if they have it, I called a day before and special requested it which is no problem. They are a nice group and eager to please) and Chocolate cake...

I would also recommend for Segura Viudas Brut Reserva, Lakewood Vineyards Port with dessert and Due Torri Pinot Grigio with dinner.

Hopefully my photographs will upload so you can see what I have been raving about. And I wish you happy dining.

1  Thank QueSays
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Cameron's is one of our top 3 favorite restaurants in the area. The inside boasts an intimate atmosphere with a welcoming staff. We love the decor, the service and the food is consistent. Another asset is their ability to make a good cocktail. Not sure what you want? Just ask Julie and she'll make you something delicious.
We've celebrated special events here as well as stopping to enjoy a nice relaxing evening mid week. We are thrilled to frequent a family run business that cares about their customer and is always happy to see you.
Don't judge a book by it's cover. It's not what the outside looks like that counts. Leave that to the chain restaurants that lure you indoors because the building looks fancy but oftentimes disappoints once you taste their run of the mill food. Cameron's has never disappointed us and we always look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank lillious