“Fun place and good food”

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 141 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Fun place and good food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I dine at Sakura frequently and have always enjoyed the Hibachi chefs putting on flamboyant shows, flipping shrimp, cracking eggs in mid air and even throwing and catching knives. In addition to a great show, the food is excellent and the Sashimi is always very fresh. I have always enjoyed excellent friendly service at Sakura. You get good portions with the combination platters and the price is right.

• Visited July 2013

“Good sushi and love the bento box!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sakura is one of our regular dinner stops. My bf works in NYC, so he's had a lot of good sushi, and he really thinks their sushi is great. I love the bento box, which is a little bit of everything. They have coupons regularly available and the buy one get one free sushi rolls or sake special during weekdays is great. I also really like the mango dragon sushi roll- yum! Service is usually quick, though we often go later in the evening. My only complaint is that it is sometimes chilly, so you may want to bring a jacket or sweater in case.

• Visited June 2013
Fremont, California
“Good service, good food, relaxing”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The service was quick and not overly attentive. The food (sushi and sashimi) was quite good. A very enjoyable dinner, I'd go again. I was visiting and staying in a nearby hotel. I would definitely go here regularly if I lived here.

• Visited June 2013
Rexford, New York
“Good food and fun”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sakura is a fun place for a family meal. Good sushi if you just want a sit-down meal but their hibachi tables are the real draw. They have the typical hibachi meals in various combinations. Everything my family and I have had there has been good to very good. I love their fried rice but the noodles are also excellent. Great miso soup as well. Their sushi is typically very good and fresh, though the pieces are on the small side.

The hibachi cooks are always very good and entertaining but the general service is pretty average or below. It can take forever for someone to refill a drink, etc. It's not terrible service, but it's slow.

Overall, prices are on the high side. The sushi prices are equal to New York City. The typical hibachi meals are also a bit pricey. Easily over $100 meal for a family of 4 if you get apps, drinks and hibachi. You'll leave full, though. One good thing is that they always have coupons available so you can save a little bit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Scott P
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Good Hibachi....Great Sushi”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We tried this restaurant because we had a 50% off Groupon, even with that for what we had, it was a little on the expensive side I thought. I enjoyed the meal, the sushi was excellent and my husband really enjoyed it and he had never tried sushi before. I do love the freshness of the hibachi but I have been to others where you leave feeling very full. It was good to try, but I felt more like I was in the nail salon and hustled out pretty quick. I look forward to trying some of the other hibachi restaurants that are being recommended.

• Visited May 2013