“Good Hibachi....Great Sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We tried this restaurant because we had a 50% off Groupon, even with that for what we had, it was a little on the expensive side I thought. I enjoyed the meal, the sushi was excellent and my husband really enjoyed it and he had never tried sushi before. I do love the freshness of the hibachi but I have been to others where you leave feeling very full. It was good to try, but I felt more like I was in the nail salon and hustled out pretty quick. I look forward to trying some of the other hibachi restaurants that are being recommended.

1  Thank TwoinToga

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Hopefully the terrible service does not entirely spoil my review of the other aspects of this restaurant, but all said and done, I'll take my business to one of the many other options in the future. The wait for service was unbearable. Over 30 minutes for soup and salad? It took a long time to even see a server after we were seated. Ok, so the place does look nice inside, atmosphere was lively. Maybe they were just having a really bad night. They might try in the future to be a little more prepared on a Friday night. The food was less than spectacular. Miso soup with barely any tofu, 14 dollar specialty roll with only 7 scrawny pieces, wilted lettuce in the salad and poor selection of fish in the sashimi platter, with sub par tuna and no yellowtail.

Unfortunately I cannot speak to the hibachi experience here, and perhaps that is their specialty. Sushi and service certainly is not.

1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stopped in pretty late one evening after shopping, and was immediately shown to a nice booth by a friendly hostess. I wanted to modify one of the existing entrees, the Salmon Lover, which consisted of a salmon roll, and pieces of salmon sushi and sashimi. I asked for all sashimi and my request was readily accomodated (with an additional charge, which was to be expected).

I started out with miso soup and seaweed salad; the soup was delightful, with tasty bits of scallion, tofu and seaweed in a rich, flavorful broth. The seaweed salad was equally enjoyable, but the star of the show was the entree, which was served just as I was finishing my soup.

The salmon was lovely, beautifully shaped into nicely proportioned pieces, buttery smooth and the perfect texture and temperature. I'd modified the salmon roll, too, and it really was a perfect storm of spiciness and crunch.

Tasty jasmine tea rounded out a wonderful meal, and the service was great; several different people made sure I had everything I needed.

I will definitely visit again.

1  Thank epptech
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Rude staff. The staff would throw the ages in front of you and walk away. They cared more about chatting amongst themselves Than the customers. Did not quite understand the menu and the waitress was getting aggravated explaining it. Definitely will not go back.

1  Thank 4JETS
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Love to go here for hibachi. Great food and a great show!