“Really Mediocre”

Cuisines: American
Stillwater, New York
“Really Mediocre”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were looking for a place to go for a simple Friday night bite to eat. For some reason we decided to try Ruby's, because we had never gone. Wife was looking for just some soup and sandwich, but that was not available. The service was good, place seemed clean, it had a nice salad bar but for a Friday night the place was mostly empty. That should have been a clue. The food was ok but really mediocre, someone in the kitchen prepared some pre packaged Sysco food, put it on a plate and served it. No awards for flavortown here and left feeling blah. Because of this lack luster meal we will likely never return to this or any other Ruby Tuesday. We will go elsewhere. Spent almost $70.00 for portion controlled and prepared food, no value no taste, no return. Will likely pick a locally owned establishment next time. Its a tough world out there and if this chain continues with this type of mediocre fare, I doubt it will survive.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank firefighterdad

Clifton Park, New York
“Very random but a good salad bar and quick meal.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am "iffy" on this restaurant, but my husband likes their ribs. Just very random on how the service will be. Sometimes you get the biscuits, sometimes you don't. Sometime the service is quick and efficient and you get what you ordered, and sometimes you sit and wonder where you food is and then end up not getting what you ordered.
So how do I rate this? The food seems to be consistently good. So the kitchen staff is proficient. I think they just need some management changes.

• Visited July 2013
Clifton Park, New York
“Sometimes great, sometimes not.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place is so hit-or-miss.. we got at least once a week (my wife loves the salad bar). Usually very good fresh salad bar when they remember to stock it. Waitstaff are usually either great or terrible. Last week we went, had finished the meal, and our waiter come over, we ordered 2 cupcakes, and when he asked if there was anything else i said "no thanks, just the cupcakes and the check please. our kids are starting to get fidgety and we want to get going as soon as we can". He said no problem and when he dropped off the cupcakes and the check i immediately gave him my credit card which he took. I figured a minute or two later we'd be on our way. Almost 12 minutes later I finally saw him again and flagged him down, to which he said "oh yeah hang on" and went over to a register in the corner and rang up our order on my credit card. I realize he has other customers, but this was a bit ridiculous.

On the plus side, I really like the ribs-and-bacon-wrapped shrimp. Great dish. The kids really like the slider hamburgers, and as I said the wife loves the salad bar. Decent value for the price.

• Visited July 2013
Central NY
“Freshest Salad Bar ever!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had lunch here after a family event, and had a very nice experience. We were running early, so my brother-in-law called and altered our reservation time. We had a very short wait, but it was worthwhile. Ruby Tuesday has really upped its game on the salad bar - everything was icy cold, very fresh and delicious. I especially enjoyed the broccoli salad, my husband loved the potato salad. I ordered the Bourbon Barbecue salmon, and it was delicious. My husband had the grilled salmon, and it was, as well. Everything was fresh and good, and the service was attentive without being intrusive.

Visited May 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Always a good choice.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Always had a good experience here, the kids love the salad bar and the adult meals are always nice. Little pricier than other places but you have to factor in the salad bar which could be a meal in itself !