TripAdvisor

Halfmoon Diner Incorporated
Ranked #15 of 157 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lived in the area for many years, but never eat here. Some out-of-town friends wanted to catch up for breakfast. The place was packed! Food was fairly decent and reasonably priced. Service was OK, considering how busy the staff was.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (133)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Family came to visit and because of a favorable prior visit, we chose to come to the diner for breakfast. Every item that we ordered was overcooked. My brother-in-law ordered eggs benedict and the eggs were comparable to hard boiled. My sister ordered blueberry pancakes which were overdone and the berries were not plentiful. My scrambled eggs were like rubber, just like the website photo but partially brown. My wife's pancakes were barely passable. The eggs benedict were returned and returned properly cooked. The only saving grace was our server who didn't give us her name but was pleasant and accommodating. I'm not overly picky but expect a restaurant to be able to properly cook food without having to tell them how to do it. My protest will be to take my business elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always a great choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Great selection, fast and friendly. Their greek food is authentic and they have good selection. They also offer American dishes. This is a family friendly diner I highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Ate there a few times and I find the food quality and service unsatisfactory. They also try to charge extra for salads they show on weekday menu but dont order on Sat or Sun as it is an extra charge

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2019

I’ve visited three times now, enough to get a fair idea of the food. While nothing has been terrible, nothing has been great, either. I’ve had omelets, chicken and biscuits, and salads. Service is always quite good. But the food is simply OK. Not special. For me, this diner doesn’t begin to compare to the Blue Ribbon in Schenectady or the Alexis in Troy.

Date of visit: May 2019