“Excellent buffalo wings!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Giffy's Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: An All American Grill featuring Baby Back Ribs, burgers, pasta and gourmet saladsA break from the chain restaurants, where parents can enjoy a great meal and drink will kids are comfortable with kid favorites. Modern decor and menu let parents feel like they are having a night out with out the 5 star expense and bringing the whole family.
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Excellent buffalo wings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We just caught on to this place. One of our favorites now. We usually get some combination of ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and chicken nuggets. All good. Chicken was pretty dry last visit tho.

The wings - really good. Best in the area. They're not known for this, at least as far as I know, but they should be. Great wings.

Staff is friendly and fun. Very homey atmosphere.

This is now in our rotation of restaurants. Really like it.

Albany, New York
“Great Atmosphere, but food needs to be improved”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

If my family were doing this review, they would likely award Giffy's a 4 or 5; simply stated, my family loves it and so I also go, but it would not be my first choice. The atmosphere is great and the staff are consistently very friendly. Giffy's is very informal and I think this is a big part of what makes it so appealing for my family. My family and I really enjoy the basket of Onion "straws" that we frequently order as an appetizer.

My bias is to traditional "smoked" BBQ and if BBQ were the lone consideration, I would go for Dinosaur in Troy or the The Pig Pit in Cohoes. Giffy's can excel in their Chicken BBQ which they prepare very similar to Brooks in Oneonta, NY. Unfortunately, the quality is not consistent and more often than not as of late the chicken has been very dry. The salad bar is Ok, but could be improved. I don't know if it is the temperature or what the cause is, but it seems as though the lettuce is a bit rubbery. Also on this most recent visit, the soup on the salad bar was pretty much chicken in flavored broth (the vegetables were gone). I did not complain about this because, it actually worked to my benefit - I was able to get flavorful chicken and the broth ensured that that it would not be dry.

The staff are great! This is both fortunate and unfortunate. It is fortunate because it makes the encounter pleasant; it is unfortunate because they don't get the valuable objective feedback about the food that they really could benefit from.

• Visited July 2012
Albany, New York
“Improved over the years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had been to Giffy's many years ago, and while it was OK food, it just didn't measure up to BBQ I'd had in other states. Today we had the opportunity to visit Giffy's again, and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. I had a pulled pork sandwich w/ macaroni salad and baked beans for sides, while my wife chose the salad bar with pulled pork. We were both very impressed. The waitress, Judy, was excellent and very friendly, although it may have helped we were there between the lunch and dinner crowd, so it was pretty quiet. Our meal, including a desert slice of apple pie shared between us and soft drinks was under $30.

• Visited July 2012
Oakland
“Great chicken, okay side dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I wish I could give Giffy's a 3.5 star rating. We found Giffy's by following signs off the highway while driving between Albany and Warrensburg. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and the friendliness of the wait staff. Overall the chicken was great but I was a little disappointed in the sides - I thought they could be more flavorful.

• Visited June 2012
Clifton Park, New York
“Great BBQ chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Love Giffy's on Rt 9. We pick up take out frequently and love the place. Our guests frequently chose Giffy's over more expensive places.

Visited June 2012