Was a little worried after reading some of the reviews, but needed a place to stay while repairs were made to our house. Was somewhat apprehensive when the first thing on walking into the lobby I noticed that "old hotel" disinfectant smell. Luckily everything was up from there.
Accessibility: there are no stairs into the hotel, and a number of rooms on the first floor. The elevator did appear somewhat small for a power chair, and the breakfast room is very "tight" so it is doubtful that assistive devices would have room to maneuver between the tables.
Rooms: was pleasantly surprised. The room was immaculate. There was a good size refrigerator, a small microwave,, large screen TV, "clean remote" , coffee maker, hair dryer, and lots of lights and plugs. WiFi is free in the rooms and worked fine. The beds are rather high (difficult for this short old lady to jump into) but very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, with toiletries by Pantene and Vasoline Intensive Care. Even though the hotel is quite close to the interstate, the noise did not bother us.
There is a very nice looking pool and hot tub that we did not use.
Breakfast: there is a hot breakfast every morning. This morning there were reheated fried eggs (actually not bad) decent sausage and bacon, bagels, several types of bread for toast, English muffins, an assortment of cereals and yogurts, fresh bananas and apples, several juices and a cool pancake machine that makes fresh pancakes literally at the touch of a button. Hubby said the coffee is decent.
Location: this hotel is located directly behind an IHOP. There are 12 other restaurants ranging from Chinese, to Indian to Italian to Japanese, several fast food places, Friendly's, Outback, Ninety Nie, Olive Garden etc within a 5 minute walking distance (10 if you walk slow) There are three shopping centers and a multi-screen movie theater within very easy walking distance (5-10 minutes) There is also a super center grocery store, a drug store and a liquor store within the shopping centers.
If you have reason to be going to Saratoga or to the Clifton Park area, this is a reasonable choice with great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience unbeatable customer service including a complimentary continental breakfast while staying at this Clifton Park, New York hotel. Centrally located in Upstate New York, the Best Western Clifton Inn offers a convenient location, friendly customer service and a variety of top amenities, all at an unbeatable rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Clifton Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Clifton Park Hotel Clifton Park
- Clifton Park Best Western