“Wow! Now that was a steal of a deal!”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband, who grew up in the area, and I were just passing through Saratoga to visit friends on our way to Niagara on the Lake. We received a handful of hotel recommendations - all of which were located quite close to the downtown Saratoga area and unfortunately outrageously priced. The Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park is an easy 15-minute drive to Saratoga's hustle and bustle. The Hotel was a wonderful surprise. What a gem! The staff was welcoming, friendly, and extremely helpful and attentive upon check-in. I was standing watch over our many bags on a trolley while my husband ran back to put our parking pass on the car. A female employee leaving work for the afternoon stopped and asked me if I needed assistance with our luggage. Wow! Once we reached our room, I was taken aback by all of the amenities. Plenty of fresh, clean towels and all the needed amenities from Bath & Body Works (white birch scent), a mini-fridge, coffee maker, sofa and coffee table, desk, excellent TV, plenty of space - everything fresh, clean, and organized. We booked our room for $122 including a large, buffet-style breakfast which I didn't attend but my husband said he ate well. There is also an indoor pool! Don't worry about the lack of restaurant at the hotel because right next door, sharing the same parking lot is a great place that makes you think you are on the beach someplace. Indoor and outdoor seating is available, lots of great drinks, eats, and late night snacks. Save a hundred bucks a night and drive a few minutes longer to Saratoga. You won't be sorry you chose to stay here, away from the hub bub. Also, well located near things like grocery store, Target, etc. for those last minute items!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Good Afternoon Jennifer F,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us on your visit back to see family and friends. Thank you very much for the kind words, I will share with our staff during our daily huddles. I know that many of the staff who interacted with you while enjoyed conversing with you. I am glad your trip was a success and hope to see you again when you visit the area. Thank you.

James S. Griffith

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I always read reviews on tripadvisor before I book a hotel and this ones bad reviews were mostly old so I booked it without concern.it turned out to be a great experience. Comfy and spacious room-friendly and genuine staff(Marcus at front desk was great) and good location. We enjoyed a dip in the pool and would definitely recommend this place to families!

• Stayed: July 2013
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Adornment,

Thank you for the opportunity to fulfill your overnight accommodation needs. I am pleased that you trusted the responses and are now a supporter of our property. We work hard to make everyone's stay perfect.

James Griffith

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We are just headed up the road from our 2 night stay with HIE Clifton Park. We arrived late the first night. The staff was friendly and efficient. My wife had the keys in her hand before I could even bring the luggage through the front door. Our room was on the first floor, across from the pool and fitness center. While initially concerned about the potential for noise, once the door was closed, we couldn't hear anything in the hall. The room was exactly what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. It was clean, average size, fairly comfortable bed, and lots of pillows. Breakfast was excellent the next morning. The woman staffing the buffet, Lucy, was very friendly, accommodating, and genuine. On day 2, we remembered the microwave in the room and thought to stop and get some popcorn to pop while relaxing in the room. My 11 yr old daughter remembered seeing popcorn behind the reception desk, so she went up to inquire. The desk clerk told her it was "free dollars" and gave her 2 packs with a smile. She laughed about that for quite a while.
Housekeeping even approached me in the hall to see if everything was up to par in the room and if we needed anything. Top notch service.
The pool was fun and open late (10pm). Checkout was a breeze. We'll definitely stay here again on our next visit.
My one suggestion to the management: invest the $$ to put exhaust fans in the bathrooms. Everything felt moist through out the room, hours after we showered. Since the window doesn't open, there was no way to vent the room. Still thrilled about our stay. Thank you to you and your staff.

• Stayed: June 2013

bmcooper21,

Thank you for your kind words, we truly attempt to go out of our way to make everyone's stay enjoyable. I appreciate your feedback in regards to the moistness of the rooms, the issue will be dealt with promptly. Thank you.

James S. Griffith

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stopped on our way to Michigan. The hotel was on a street that looked almost like a driveway. A very busy restaraunt shared the parking lot. It was very clean and quiet. My 3 grandkids had a ball in the pool. The breakfast area was very nice with a variety of items. The pancake machine was my favorite and the bacon and eggs were good. This chain is very family friendly as their suites will sleep five. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Good Afternoon Redwing227,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be your host. We truly appreciate the kind word and I am very glad that your grand kids enjoyed the pool. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I were staying at this hotel for business related reasons as well as the fact that we were scoping out the area for houses because we were being relocated there. We ended up having to check in late (around 9pm). As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by the most welcoming, positive and friendly individual by the name of Alycia. As soon as she saw us she said our name as if she was waiting for us to arrive. In the middle of checking in we just mentioned that we were looking for an area to look for houses and from there she provided us with tons of information regarding the surrounding towns, schools, shopping neighborhoods, etc. She was so informative and willing to just talk to us. She was so upbeat and down to earth. She really started our stay off on the right foot and we could not be more appreciative!! We based our housing search and the house we got on her feedback and we couldn't be happier. Our room was typical business style room. We were on the second floor in the middle from the elevator to the end of the hallway. We did not hear any noise from neighbors or people passing by. The room was very tidy and clean. The complimentary amenities were ideal. My husband forgot his razor and shaving cream and a complimentary one was provided to him from the front desk. It took him a little while to go get it and they even called our room to make sure he still needed it. They didn't forget and were on top of things. That is much appreciated. There were decent amount of channels on the tv. We flipped through the stations before we went to bed. The complimentary internet access was perfect for what I had to do regarding work related business. No lag that I noticed. In the morning we went down for the complimentary hot breakfast and it was not a let down. They had the news playing on a television and there was more food than I was anticipating. Bacon, eggs, muffins, cereal, yogurt, perfectly ripe bananas (thats rare...they're usually green or too ripe), cinnamon buns, sausage gravy, juices, coffee, teas, etc...Very good. Just what we needed to start the day off. The young lady who was attending the breakfast bar was on the ball. She kept everything fresh and very clean. No spills, no trash and plenty of fresh food. Her hard work did not go unnoticed by those in the room. We left after breakfast due to the nature of our trip, but this holiday inn express was definitely one of the best I have ever stayed at. Very nice. Everyone was extremely friendly and outgoing. The hotel was overall clean and well represented. It's in a very nice location and the price was definitely right! The only thing I noticed (only after reading other reviews) was the parking situation. I read online that there is a discrepancy with the restaurant next door. That they will tow your car if you park in their spots while staying at the hotel. There were signs in certain areas. We avoided that whole drama and just parked around back of the hotel. We will definitely recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone, especially family who may come to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Good Morning Travelinggirl85,

Thank you very much for your awesome response! What you described is what we thrive for everyday, an endless endeavor to give every guest the perfect stay. I am so pleased that we were able to accomplish this for your husband and yourself. I will pass the kind words on to the appropriate staff members and will share your words of exemplary service during our daily associate huddles. Thank you.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was impressed how nice this was for a HI Express. Everything was nice...the rooms, the lobby and the staff was very nice too. The free breakfast was actually quite good...I rarely go up for seconds and I did. Overall a very good experience and close enough to Albany without being in Albany.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning Elsbells63,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we truly appreciate being able to make you feel so relaxed while away from home! Please stop by again while in the Albany area. Thank you.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything about my recent stay at this property was excellent. Upon checking in late in the evening the older woman working the front desk could not have been more friendly or helpful. Another employee that was just leaving her shift offered her parking spot to me as I had not yet parked my car. The room was extremely spacious and nicely designed. As a frequent traveler to IHG properties I was provided a nice package with bottled water and a few healthy snacks. At breakfast the young lady working the breakfast room was also very friendly and greeted me on my entry with a nice smile and friendly words. This was appreciated at a little after 6:00am. The property was very clean and well maintained. The only complaint I have is in the pillows. Holiday Inn Express offers pillows labeled soft or hard. I like soft pillows but these pillows were way too thick to be called soft pillows. This is an issue I have at all Holiday Inn banner properties. Hopefully this can be improved by their corporate headquarters. The other interesting thing is the parking situation. When I first arrived I found a convenient parking spot on the side of the building but there were signs saying restaurant parking only. The restaurant is on the other side of the parking lot and not in the hotel. That is why the employee leaving offered me her spot. I wasn't sure why I wasn't allowed to park on the side of the hotel I was staying at. There must be some type of feud between hotel and restaurant. I'd hate to park in a spot on the side of the hotel I'm staying at and not find my car in the morning because it was towed away. Regardless, I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a room in or near Clifton Park, NY.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks, I will share with our staff at our daily huddles. We truly appreciate all feedback, especially how we can be even more affective. We are in the process of replacing all the pillows in the hotel. Please let me know the next time you are coming and we will make sure to have the softest pillows for you. We look forward to your next visit.

James Griffith