Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park
Hampton Inn Clifton Park(Clifton Park)(Great Value!)
$101
$123
$116
Homewood
$93
AscendHotels
Best Western Clifton Park(Clifton Park)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
BestWestern.com
$98
GardenInn.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clifton Park(Clifton Park)(Great Value!)
$95
$70
$107
$107
Hotels.com
All reviewsparking lotvip roomfront deskcinnamon rollspancake machinebar restaurantopen latespacious roomhockey tournamentpublic areassaratoga race coursefollowing morningking suitethe breakfast areanew englandwi fifirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I were staying at this hotel for business related reasons as well as the fact that we were scoping out the area for houses because we were being relocated there. We ended up having to check in late (around 9pm). As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by the most welcoming, positive and friendly individual by the name of Alycia. As soon as she saw us she said our name as if she was waiting for us to arrive. In the middle of checking in we just mentioned that we were looking for an area to look for houses and from there she provided us with tons of information regarding the surrounding towns, schools, shopping neighborhoods, etc. She was so informative and willing to just talk to us. She was so upbeat and down to earth. She really started our stay off on the right foot and we could not be more appreciative!! We based our housing search and the house we got on her feedback and we couldn't be happier. Our room was typical business style room. We were on the second floor in the middle from the elevator to the end of the hallway. We did not hear any noise from neighbors or people passing by. The room was very tidy and clean. The complimentary amenities were ideal. My husband forgot his razor and shaving cream and a complimentary one was provided to him from the front desk. It took him a little while to go get it and they even called our room to make sure he still needed it. They didn't forget and were on top of things. That is much appreciated. There were decent amount of channels on the tv. We flipped through the stations before we went to bed. The complimentary internet access was perfect for what I had to do regarding work related business. No lag that I noticed. In the morning we went down for the complimentary hot breakfast and it was not a let down. They had the news playing on a television and there was more food than I was anticipating. Bacon, eggs, muffins, cereal, yogurt, perfectly ripe bananas (thats rare...they're usually green or too ripe), cinnamon buns, sausage gravy, juices, coffee, teas, etc...Very good. Just what we needed to start the day off. The young lady who was attending the breakfast bar was on the ball. She kept everything fresh and very clean. No spills, no trash and plenty of fresh food. Her hard work did not go unnoticed by those in the room. We left after breakfast due to the nature of our trip, but this holiday inn express was definitely one of the best I have ever stayed at. Very nice. Everyone was extremely friendly and outgoing. The hotel was overall clean and well represented. It's in a very nice location and the price was definitely right! The only thing I noticed (only after reading other reviews) was the parking situation. I read online that there is a discrepancy with the restaurant next door. That they will tow your car if you park in their spots while staying at the hotel. There were signs in certain areas. We avoided that whole drama and just parked around back of the hotel. We will definitely recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone, especially family who may come to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Good Morning Travelinggirl85,

Thank you very much for your awesome response! What you described is what we thrive for everyday, an endless endeavor to give every guest the perfect stay. I am so pleased that we were able to accomplish this for your husband and yourself. I will pass the kind words on to the appropriate staff members and will share your words of exemplary service during our daily associate huddles. Thank you.

James S. Griffith, General Manager

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was impressed how nice this was for a HI Express. Everything was nice...the rooms, the lobby and the staff was very nice too. The free breakfast was actually quite good...I rarely go up for seconds and I did. Overall a very good experience and close enough to Albany without being in Albany.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning Elsbells63,

Thank you very much for your kind words, we truly appreciate being able to make you feel so relaxed while away from home! Please stop by again while in the Albany area. Thank you.

James S. Griffith, General Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything about my recent stay at this property was excellent. Upon checking in late in the evening the older woman working the front desk could not have been more friendly or helpful. Another employee that was just leaving her shift offered her parking spot to me as I had not yet parked my car. The room was extremely spacious and nicely designed. As a frequent traveler to IHG properties I was provided a nice package with bottled water and a few healthy snacks. At breakfast the young lady working the breakfast room was also very friendly and greeted me on my entry with a nice smile and friendly words. This was appreciated at a little after 6:00am. The property was very clean and well maintained. The only complaint I have is in the pillows. Holiday Inn Express offers pillows labeled soft or hard. I like soft pillows but these pillows were way too thick to be called soft pillows. This is an issue I have at all Holiday Inn banner properties. Hopefully this can be improved by their corporate headquarters. The other interesting thing is the parking situation. When I first arrived I found a convenient parking spot on the side of the building but there were signs saying restaurant parking only. The restaurant is on the other side of the parking lot and not in the hotel. That is why the employee leaving offered me her spot. I wasn't sure why I wasn't allowed to park on the side of the hotel I was staying at. There must be some type of feud between hotel and restaurant. I'd hate to park in a spot on the side of the hotel I'm staying at and not find my car in the morning because it was towed away. Regardless, I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a room in or near Clifton Park, NY.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks, I will share with our staff at our daily huddles. We truly appreciate all feedback, especially how we can be even more affective. We are in the process of replacing all the pillows in the hotel. Please let me know the next time you are coming and we will make sure to have the softest pillows for you. We look forward to your next visit.

James Griffith

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having stayed at many HI Express locations all over the country I have come to expect good beds and clean rooms but a rather bland breakfast and green Bananas. Green Bananas? Yes for some reason the bananas are always green and not edible so even us cereal lovers are left in the lurch. Too often the eggs are the grainy, powdered variety and the coffee is weak, biscuts that are not so fresh. NOT So at the Clifton Park, NY HI Express. Halina, the young lady running this breakfast bar is the best! Fresh scrambled eggs and Omlets, with sausage, Hash Browns, Gravy and fresh biscuts. There is even an auto pancake machine to thrill the kids. The coffee is great and the bananas are RIPE and ready to enjoy. The tables are clean and the food trays are always full no matter how many people are eating. By far the best breakfast bar and staff at any HI express I have been in over the past 20 years.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thankyou for the kind review. We work hard to be the best hotel with the best breakfast in town and we are glad you noticed! We will save you some bananas for the next time and will be sure to forward your remarks to Halina.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my family stayed at this hotel for one night and in the two room next to us these little kids, probably ages 12-15, would not shut up. They were acting drunk and frankly i wouldnt be surprised if they were. We talked to the front desk THREE TIMES since the noise continued till midnight and longer. All the front desk did was talk to their drunk parents who did nothing. If you go here, you better hope that you don't get neighbors like these, and a front desk employee that actually cares.

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Kenslice,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk and for the noise during your stay. We will address these point and assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.