“Will always stay at this establishment, when around Albany, N.Y.”

Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Elmira, New York
“Will always stay at this establishment, when around Albany, N.Y.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I would like to take this time to express my experience at this HIE. Previously, I wrote a review about HIE@Latham. Not Good at all. This HIE went out of their way to make us feel like we were better off than at home. They were more than accommodating for us at this Hotel. Right from the minute we entered the office, we knew that the atmosphere was much better, just by the caring attitude of the staff members. Everything at this establishment was totally excellent, from the room, the service and the check-out. I am really glad that I went back to HIE and did not change after my last stay at Latham. I do stay at HIE on a regular basis, when I go out of town, and yes, we only had the (1) bad experience, so we are glad of that. The Latham HIE contacted us and wanted us to change our review, in return for them crediting our credit card for the MEAL Amt.,but we want true reviews when we travel and anyone looking at this for their trips, also would appreciate true reviews. Then The mother company contacted us to see what the problem was and what the establishment offered us for a fix. I contacted them back and have heard nothing back in about a month and a half. This was a better sleep than at home. Thank You Very Much to all Staff invoved at Clifton Park, N.Y., HIE

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at a HIE, choose the Suite over the regular room for the extra $20.00. You...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ThatSpecialPlace
HappyHoliday18, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind remarks. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our staff. We do pride ourseslves in our friendly atmosphere and I am so pleased you sensed a difference. We look forward to seeing you back!

Warm Regards,

Patti Voska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I had a conference in Saratoga Springs, but hotels are really expensive there, so I decided to stay around the area instead. This hotel was about 20 minutes from Saratoga Springs, but the savings were worth it. The hotel was clean and quiet. Had free parking, wi-fi, and a delicious breakfast in the morning with cold and hot items; everyday they serve something different. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great hotel for a stop over. We stayed here last night on our way from Maine to Niagara Falls. The hotel is convenient to the highway, near many chain restaurants for meals and of course great because it is near a Target!

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids always love the Holiday Inn Express breakfasts, and that makes my life a little easier! The best thing about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was friendly and kind....wanting to make your stay pleasant. That makes a difference!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for three nights while on a business trip. Overall the stay was good. The bed is decent, except for the mattress pad with the vinyl inside of it. The room was clean, although you can see places that don't get vacuumed frequently, but by no means is it dirty. The A/C unit worked alright and is not too loud. The internet is free, and you connect via an ethernet cable which is already in the room. Check-in was a breeze. As a Priority Club member, I was checked out in advance with the bill slid under the door the morning I was checking out. That is always convenient.
The breakfast was good, and the breakfast staff SUPER nice, friendly and helpful. Give them a pay raise!
The hotel can be a bit of a challenge to find at first, especially at night, as the hotel is not on the main road. Follow the signs or a GPS, and you'll find it.
There are numerous places to eat within a mile of the hotel. One restaurant is directly across the parking lot, and there is a Chili's about 1/2 mile away, that you can get to using the side streets, thus avoiding the traffic on the main roads.
I would stay here again if in the area. It's better than average, but don't expect it to be a five star hotel. I experienced no problems during my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I' m a Marriott girl so was a little worried about staying here. I may convert! This hotel was REALLY nice, especially for the price. Very clean, large room with everything needed and a comfy bed. The free breakfast had a better selection than others I've seen lately. Nice staff. I would definitely stay here again. Great on / off for the Northway.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We attended a concert in July at the Performing Arts Centre in Saratoga Springs. It was a short drive to the concert and Saratoga Springs downtown. Due to the track being open this hotel was much more economical than the hotels in Saratoga Springs. The hotel was very clean, the staff extremely helpful and polite. The breakfast had a good variety and the staff were there to get you anything you needed. It was perfect for what we needed. A clean, quiet hotel to rest in after a great night of music!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New England
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is our second time staying at this hotel. We always enjoy our stay here. Very clean hotel, nice complimentary breakfast, nothing fancy but good to start your day. Eggs, muffins, yogurt,
pastries, english muffins, bagels etc. They also have a pancake machine but this year it was not working so that was a disappointment, but a new one is on the way. The bathroom has nice hot room for the shower, no fan though to get rid of the steam. Not a big deal. This year our mattress was a little lumpy from the springs, didn't care for that but other than that really no big big complaints. Nothing fancy, but quiet and pleasant, and very clean which is a super big plus in my book....I would stay here again. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby also.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple