“The Vegetarian food was wonderful, but was scammed.”

TAI Pan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 138 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Albany, NY
“The Vegetarian food was wonderful, but was scammed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

My wife and 2 kids went to the restaurant on Saturday, March 12th and here is my experiences:
Took 5 min to be seated, there were only 5 other parties at that time
Took a while to get my order in.
When my 5 year old daughter placed an order of sweet and sour chicken (which was $5.75 on the children's menu) I was charged over $11. I complained and she said that we didn't specify from the children's menu. Come on, a 5 year old placing an order implies she's ordering from the children's menu.
The waitress (the older one) laughed as something and she sprayed my face with her saliva and she didn't apologies. I was totally disgusted.

1 Thank cma0651

Ballston Lake
“nice people, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

The older lady that waited on us was sooo nice I thought she was the owners wife. I wish I liked the food so I could come back and support their business. I ordered the vegetable tempura and it wasn't very good. My husband ordered sesame chicken and that was very good but I thought it was expensive for Chinese food. The portion size was very large. I ordered chicken and broccoli for my daughter and it was good and she liked it. I might try again for take out and see if it was just what I ordered

1 Thank citygirl076
new york state
“tai pan deliciousness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

the food is really excellent, very fresh & always tasty, especially for clifton park/halfmoon, which is mostly faux-diverse chain restaraunts.
you can order take out from tai pan as well, and it's probably very good because it's the same as the restaraunt food. it might be a little expensive for typical takeout, so just keep that in mind.
the pu-pu platter is excellent, comes with a little fire-pot, which is always fun, and a few different things around it in a lazy susan.
my usual dinner date orders the jungle prince often, which he likes a lot. the typical things, lo mein & fried rice, are also very good.
the decor in the restaurant is really lovely, contemporary asian, and very airy. it's a really nice restaurant.
unfortunately, it always takes FOREVER to get your food at tai pan. if you have ~2.5 hrs for your food, go to tai pan. but if you're worried about a potential lack of conversation with your dinner partners, and are looking for a shorter venue, tai pan is not your place.

3 Thank overripe
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2005

I am fortunate enough to work near this restaraunt...so we frequent it often for lunch! Very good...unique tastes! A must try!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member