“A real treat!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Cohoes, NY
“A real treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Never dissappoints, great fish fries, burger, fries and onion rings...my husband is a big fan of the mini-hotdogs with the works. Their ice cream is YUMMY! Love the soft serve. And the prices are reasonable, too. When our relatives from Florida come for a visit-- they request we eat at the Country Drive--in!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank smartcookie1916

“Good basic drive-in food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Good food, good ice cream, friendly service. Long lines move fast! Our favorite summer spot! Sometimes crowded, but always a seat. It's as American as you can get.

Scotia, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Country Drive in's ice cream is way better than Mediocre....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

My gf and i have been Mcycle riding out to the country drive-In for about 2 years now. I think their Ice cream is way better than mediocre, in fact thats why we drive there, from Scotia, instead of driving right down the street to Jumping jacks. One day we were wondering how the food was because we knew the ice cream was delicious, and it turned out that the food was every bit as delicious as the ice cream, My gf's Mother had the fish fry and she loved it, My gf and i Both had a Burger and she said hers was too big and took some of it home....The place is set in a perfect location for a bike ride on a country road, Love this place!!!
If the place shuts down at a certain time and they couldnt give you your ice cream cone, maybe its because all of the workers have been working and sweating for the past 8 hours and they want to go home.You could always have gone to friendlys...
Country Drive In....Delicious food and delicious ice cream for dessert. If you have to wait in line, from all of my Expierience, its well worth it!! We Hope the place is there for a long time......

• Visited May 2011
Clifton Park, New York
“WE WILL NEVER GO BACK, RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

We live right down the road and never go there since my son waited in line for 15 minutes, they shut lights off and wouldnt serve us. Ice cream is mediocre too, Go elsewhere. Parking is death trap too.

Visited August 2010
3 Thank caddycat17
Highland, Maryland
“They know how to fry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2007

This place has been here forever! They offer your basic drive-in fare with everything being cooked just right. When I lived in the area 25 years ago we would come here for the fish fry sandwich and I'm still stopping by whenever I'm in the area. The onion rings are homemade, tasty and plentiful. Can't go wrong with the ice cream treats either.

They still seem to be doing a great business and have increased their parking over time. It's easy to get to from either the Northway (I-87, Exit 8) or Rt. 9 and is much better than McDonalds!