“The kids are happy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 138 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenwich, New York
“The kids are happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Fridays is a nice casual place to visit when we have the kids with us. Today my wife had the dragon fire salmon and she loved it. The boys opted for their favorite mac & cheese. I got the Jack Daniels burger. The burger was a bit overcooked. TGIF has always been our place to go when we wanted quick and easy lunch or dinner. I have to admit I am going to start looking for something less expensive. Two adult meals, and two children's meals plus 4 sodas for $50 after the tip.(a bit much) The service was good, and prompt and more importantly the kids were happy so I still give 4 stars.

• Visited December 2013

Clifton Park, New York
“Order the house wine - get billed for Premium?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I had not been to Friday's in a few weeks, and she had happened to get e-mailed a "buy 1 - get 1" coupon from the company. Crowded Saturday night, so we got parked at the bar. When we got seated, the whole back section was open. Go figure. The waitress was efficient and told us that we had to order a drink each to get the special. We did. Both of us ordered the Jack Daniels Ribs and Shrimp which is usually quite good. Shrimp was great. Ribs were burned on the outside and not that meaty. The wife had a second glass of wine. When the bill arrived, we were billed for 2 glasses of premium wine at $8.49/ glass. That is alot. I told the waitress that my wife ordered the house wine, which is much cheaper. She adjusted the bill and the price came down $2/ glass. I would normally look past a "mistake" like this. However, it is the 4th time in the last 2 years that we have had this happen at THIS restaurant. Buyer beware.....

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank John I
Clifton Park, New York
“Great pretzel sticks - Bland margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My family and I ate there on a Wednesday night between 7p and 9p. It was moderately crowded but we got a table that accommodated us and a high chair for our 1 year old. We were given a children's menu and crayons. My daughter enjoyed chewing on the menu and we took the crayons away for obvious reasons. Other than that, there is nothing really offered for children, but afterall, it's not Chuck E. Cheese, so it's ok. My wife and I ordered margaritas, I specifically heard my wife order just a margarita and I specifically ordered the Ultimate Margarita, which is supposed to be premium alcohol etc.. They arrived and were identical and loaded with ice. There was nothing at all "Ultimate" about my margarita and it tasted watered down. I even asked the waitress, this is an Ultimate, right? She insisted it was, and I was in no mood to cause a scene or pursue the details of a drink at that hour. The Ultimate $9.00 price tag however did leave a sour taste with me after the bill arrived. I think I paid $9.00 for watered down alcohol and lots and lots of ice.
However, the pretzel and cheese dip appetizer was absolutely fantastic. The pretzels were fresh, warm and melted in your mouth. the sesame jack strips were OK as usual, though it seems they have gotten lax in their quality over the years. We were offered the Jack Daniel's special which was an appetizer and a Jack Daniel's entree for one price. Unfortunately, the appetizers were extremely limited to things we never order so we went with the aforementioned apps. We both ordered Jack Daniel's entrees, my wife the steak and shrimp, I had the ribs and shrimp. Both were ok, although the ribs were nothing like they show on their menu's or tv commercials, not meaty and not juicy at all. The shrimp was great. My wife's steak was perfect and her shrimp the same. We skipped dessert because our daughter was getting fidgety and we ended up getting Friendly's to go from across the street. Overall, it was an ok experience yet it's always hit or miss it seems lately.

• Visited January 2013
Niskayuna, New York
“Great Lunch !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We got to Church in Clifton Park and had not been back to Fridays in a while. So since we are always looking for something different we stopped in. Glad we did they have updated the menu since we were there and some great things added. Great, and fresh salads. My husband got the pulled pork and it was also very tasty. The new slushes are very good also. We went back since and have found several new things to try !

• Visited January 2013
Albany, New York
“Always great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stopped in for lunch today and was surprised to find out that they were offering free lunch to veterans. I am a Veitnam Vet and I was so happy and proud of this restuarant. They treated me so wonderfully. The service was top notch and the food was so delicious. Thank you TGI Fridays for caring about the Vets, You have my future business, trust me

• Visited November 2012