“Our new babecue place.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Cohoes, NY
“Our new babecue place.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Dickey's is a family friendly barbeque spot. The food is made to order. You order at the counter. My husband was very happy with his pulled pork and brisket. I opted for a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw on a buttered toasted bun. Both meals were very good. Dickey's coleslaw is tasty. We were impressed with the cleanliness of this establishment as well as the prices. Dickey's is a good value, we will return.

• Visited December 2013

Lowell, Massachusetts
“good daily special”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

good daily special, low cost choice, Mon-Fri.
Usually $6-8 includes a full meal with two sides and large drink

Visited September 2013
Albany, New York
“Pretty good barbeque”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We ate at a Dickey's in Pooler, GA just outside of Savannah. We liked the food so much that we decided to give the Dickey's in Clifton Park a try. I had the chicken sandwich and found it to be very good as was the potato salad. My wife had the pulled pork and said it was very good. We think that it is the best barbeque place in town and will definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
Averill Park, New York
“Great for a quick meal”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Food was tasty and served quickly. Only one guy taking care of everything but he seemed to manage it fine. Very pleasant experience and tasty.

• Visited April 2013
Clifton Park, NY
“Just OK... after all, it's a Chain.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had recently had some of Dickey's meats at an anniversary party and were pleased enough that we thought they deserved an official visit for a full meal. We also received a coupon the other day for a buy one two-meat meal with a large drink and receive another for free. Between the two of us we were able to try a reasonable cross section.

We found the "Southern Pulled Pork" to be flavorful, although my wife thought it had a bit too much fat. I disagreed. The "Tender Turkey Breast" was my wife's favorite, it was moist, definitely tender, and had a nice amount of flavor. I was a little suspicious of such tenderness, wondering if anything had been added to keep it at its moisture level.

Our least favorite of our meats were the "Fall-Off-The-Bone Pork Ribs" and the "Sliced Beef Brisket." The ribs didn't fall off the bone and didn't have a lot of meat on them. They did have some nice flavors, however, and I would consider getting them again now that I know what the real level of tenderness is to be expected. The brisket was dry and a bit tough. They also offer the brisket as "Texas Style Chopped Beef Brisket" and I think this might be the better way to order it since it would seem to be more tender and moist, especially when it is dipped in one of their bbq sauces.

Their spicy bbq sauce is definitely spicy. It builds slowly and sneaks up on you. Their regular bbq sauce is good and not too sweet.

Each two-meat meal also comes with two sides, a roll, and sliced pickles and onions. The roll actually surprised me at how fresh it was. For our sides we sampled Potato Salad, Jalapeno Beans, Green Beans with Bacon, and Waffle Iron Fries. The freshly made waffle fries were the best of these, none of the others would likely be on our reorder list if we were to return.

There was also a soft-serve ice cream machine in the dining area for the customers to self-serve a free dish or cone of vanilla ice cream. It kept throwing its circuit breaker so it would shut down frequently before some customers could use it. However, the ice cream was not nice and creamy like you are likely to receive at any ice cream stand. I guess, what do you expect for free?

It actually was quite a bit of food, and since we were using a BOGO coupon it was a decent value at a final cost of just under $20. If we were to pay full price for both meals I'd think twice about returning.

The setup inside is similar to a fast food establishment. You stand in line to place your order with a staff member who will actually start the preparation. So you can see your meat being sliced and weighed. You are then passed on down the line to the next person who will provide your side dishes. Finally, you pay at the end of the line. There are signs posted that let you know that you can avoid the wait in line by ordering ahead. I don't recall if it was by phone or online.

• Visited April 2013