“Disappointing visit to old favorite”
Review of The Rusty Nail

The Rusty Nail
Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A locally-owned neighborhood tavern offering genuine hospitality in comfortable surroundings. Savor Life • Live Locally!
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have eaten here many times and enjoyed it. However, this visit was disappointing. The fish fry was COLD, the chicken wings were not heated properly, and the veggies served with them were beyond their expiration date. Celery looked like it had been frozen, and carrots were wrinkled at best. Chicken salad sandwich was acceptable. All in all, a big disappointment.

3  Thank cheryl12154

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my "breakfast burger". Bacon, fried egg with peppers/onions and cheese. Heart attack on a plate for sure but oh was it worth it. Homemade potato chips and a side of macaroni salad were just as tasty. Hubbie enjoyed the wings and we both liked the surprise discount on tap beer during happy hour. Good crowd of locals-thanks once again for the great reviews fellow TripAdvisor peeps. We loved this place on our mini vacation

1  Thank Adornment
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Connected with one of my best friends for a Birthday lunch. Both born on the same day 1 year apart. Traveled to one of capital lands best "wing" restaurants. On your birthday, you get 1 free wing for every year and a free beer.
We both traveled with our significant other to share together. Greeted by Christina and also attended too by Jaime. Both were very cordial and friendly. Started out with some Garlic-Parmesan and some medium hots. They were both crispy, moist inside and well flavored. The standard sides of carrots/celery and blue cheese. The craft beers on draft were also great.

Overall, I rated their wings 9.75/10 stars [hot version tried later could have been hotter - too much sauce] the place was hoppin for the lunch business. Overall, I would recommend them to all of my friends and family! great value/ great service and awesome food!

1  Thank Rokkhopprr
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not much else to say...the wings are awesome!! They are the biggest and most flavorful I have ever tasted. I also really like Ravenswood wings (now owned by the same guy), but the Rusty Nail's are definitely better.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Go to the rusty nail on your birthday and you get free wings for whatever your age is!?! I turned 50 so we got 50 free wings. What an incredible deal! Our bartender was amazing too he gave us the best service. And these wings were amazing! They don't go cheap just because its free.

15  Thank Joebettysteven