“Just OK”

Clifton Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went recently with both adult children, their SOs, and small grandson on a Saturday at 11:30 am. Was impressed by how little any of the staff interacted with us, from the girl who seated us, to the two other women who took our order and delivered the food. There were no smiles or friendliness to be found! We are all a friendly, sociable bunch, and our grandson is very cute, which usually incites SOME sort of conversation with staff, but not this time. My impression was that none of them are happy at all working there, which is very sad in my opinion, and that kind of atmosphere does affect the customers' experience, like it or not. We ordered wings and fried shrimp appetizers to share, which were tasty but both were floating in buffalo sauce, which was a bit unappetizing. Then we had two large pizzas and one personal size pizza, which were OK, but pretty greasy. We did like the crust quite a bit, but did ask for it to be cooked well (not burnt). We were all too full to try dessert.
Would I return? If someone else chose the place, I wouldn't refuse, but probably would not choose to go back on my own. I do hope the owner/manager reads this review, because with some changes to the happiness of the staff, I believe it could be a fun place to go!

• Visited March 2013

Loudonville, New York
“Saturday nite dinner”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

After driving past the Brick House Pizza many times, we decided to try it for our weekly Saturday nite out. The parking lot was packed, took last spot. When we entered we left our name and was told about 15 minutes. 30 minutes later we were seated near a birthday party group of at least 15 kids and parents. I understand kids must have fun, but where are the parents when 3 little ones were running around & around tables, interfering with waitresses and making way too much noise.

When pizza arrived, it was hot, but not thorougly cooked thru (crust was soggy on bottom). We ate only 2 pieces each and decided after a headache developed to leave behind all the way too noisy customers and enjoy leftovers which I plan to bake till done. Was very disappointed in quality of food and most of all the loud noise permeating thru out the restaurant. Will probably not return.

• Visited March 2013
Clifton Park, NY
“Great food, fresh, attentive staff”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I go here regularly. The pizza is great, but they also have wonderful home made italian specials every night. Staff is very friendly and attentive. the serving are large and the garlic breadsticks are great. My husband and I have 2 chicken parms on MOnday for $20 and have leftovers the next night. All the desserts are home made. Our office staff enjoys it here so much the asked to have the Christmas luncheon here. And we have taken them everywhere. Bellini's, Prime, Lakeridge and Longfellows. They just like the casual feel of the place and often order pizza's on Friday for the office lunch. This is a family owned restaurant with Mama and her adult family and grand children working there. They also live in the community. andshe is well know in the area for her greathome made cooking. This is a casual place and people come and watch large screen tv, drink beer at the bar and they have trivia night on Wednesdays. (not a good night for conversation...but fun for all). We see many families and children there. They have personal tv's in some of the booths...for those that can't bear to miss a show. As I said it's casual, friendly, reasonable and good eating.

• Visited February 2013
Ballston Lake, New York
“OK food, TERRIBLE waitress”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've gone to Brick House 3 times because of the pizza. First time was amazing, good service, good pizza, this was on a Thursday at 3pm. Second time we went on a Saturday night, and got a TERRIBLE waitress. She come over after us sitting there for 15 minutes, was very rude and then took another 15 minutes to bring us our drinks and take our food order. She was so rude, the next time another waitress walked by we asked what her problem was, and she told us the first waitress was the owner's daughter and she just got yelled at and was having a bad day. Fine. She didn't come to our table the rest of the time, and the second waitress actually brought us our food and refilled our drinks and took care of us the rest of the night, yet our tip was still going to the first horrible girl. The second time we went on a weekday during the afternoon, so it was very slow. Before walking in we actully said we hope we don't get that same girl again. We were seated the hostess brough us our drinks, and we sat there for 15 minutes before anyone came over, we didn't even know who our waitress was. Then SHE came over and all she said was, "Know what you want?" Not a "hello, my name is" or "Hi, how are you?" She took our order, I ordered a ceaser salad and fiance ordered a pizza. She later brought me a TINY side salad when i wanted the full salad as my meal. When I told her she gave me a very rude answer that it was my fault I didn't specify. She didn't come over to the table the rest of the time and we had to flag down a waitress to get us a box. Also, our pizza was great both times before, but this time, the crust was not cooked all the way through (we could tell) and an hour later we were both in the bathroom every 15 minutes. The food was good the first couple times, but after our last experience we probably will not go back. Even if the food was amzaing, we probably wouoldn't go jsut because of the waitress. If the owner reads this, I beg you to fire her, becuase she is by far the WORST waitress I've ever experienced. She was rude every time she ever spoke, and had a look of, "I hate this place and I hate you for wasting my time when I could be behind the bar eating MY food."

• Visited January 2013
Albany, NY
“Brick House serves great pizzas and more!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Locally owned and operated, I'd heard the Brick House was well known in southern Saratoga County for its superior pizzas, but my first visit was to meet a friend for dinner, so we both ordered our entrees from the menu - mine, the veal parmegiana, hers, the chicken parmegiana. They were both HUGE portions (my leftovers served as lunch for two days thereafter!), hot, tasty, and very affordably priced. Served with sides of pasta and a Caesar salad, it would be hard to fault anything about the Brick House based on our first experience. The staff was attentive, helpful and quick. Dinner for two with a glass of wine each was about $40 not including tip - hard to argue with that for a warm and delicious meal on a cold, rainy evening. The ambience was pleasant enough, a pub atmosphere with a mix of booths and tables, with a large central bar. My guess is it could get noisy later in the evening and on weekends, but this was a Monday evening and on the early side. On the whole, it was a very pleasant evening for a first visit and I'd recommend the Brick House. Next time I'll try the pizza.

• Visited December 2012