“Charming and an Excellent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Main Street Grille

Main Street Grille
Ranked #6 of 138 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Rhinebeck, New York
“Charming and an Excellent Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This slightly out of the way place was a delight. The atmosphere is charming. Ample selections on the menu for lighter fare as well as complete entrees. The soups are made on premises and are very tasty. The Caesar salad portion is certainly large enough for sharing. The pan seared scallops are some of the best I have ever tasted. Excellent service, an accommodating kitchen and a good wine list added to the pleasant evening shared with friends. Definitely worth a repeat visit.

Clifton Park, New York
“Great Neighborhood Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Our party of 8 friends had a dinner here on a recent Friday night. Since we had a large party, we needed to wait a while at the bar until the place's only table for 8 was available. The atmoshere at the bar was great and since we were all local people we each seemed to know somebody. We did have to wait about an hour for our table and to make it up to us, the bartender bougth us a round of drinks. Since we were all enjoying ourselvers, the hour went by rather quickly and nobody seemed to mind. Once seated, our waitress was very friendly and the service was great. The menu is very broad and half of our party had full dinners and the other half went with burgers and sandwiches. Everyone enjoyed their meal and there were no complaints. This truly is a neighborhood locally owned place that provides good food and drinks at fairly reasonable prices. There is even a 2 piece house band that plays a variety of older music which fits in just right. All in all, this is a nice place to visit with family or friends.

Albany, New York
“Delicious food in a historic setting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

You can order entrees or a burger or sandwich. Three of us, who ordered dinner entrees, really enjoyed our food although the 4th person, who chose a burger with carmelized onions, thought it was greasy. We split an order of Parmesan Fries, "seasoned and tossed with parmesan; finished with parsley dust and fresh asiago cheese," which was good too. Our waitress was wonderful & very personable. I enjoyed the early American atmosphere as well. The restaurant is in a historic building, orginally the Smith Grain Store. The only reason I took off one star is because of the noice level. The good news is that on most weekends they have live music; there was a duo playing lovely standards. The bad news is that because of the acoustics in the building, it was so loud that, at times, it affected our conversation. Lastly, they do NOT take reservations. I was a bit apprehensive going out on a Sat. night but we didn't have to wait to get a table.

Visited May 2014
Watertown,NY
“Off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

My son has been living in nearby Ballston Lake for several years now and had passed this place on occasion but never had a reason to stop. Recently a co worker of his told him that this was a very good place to eat. Finally, the opportunity arose when his father & I visited 3 weeks ago for a family function. We went without a reservation and must have timed it just right because we managed to get a table quickly. The restaurant filled up quickly after we were seated. The decor is lovely kind of a rustic/cottage-y theme. They had 2 musicians playing, one on a double bass & one on keyboard. It was just right for putting you in a relaxed mood. At the moment I can't remember what my son & his father had to eat but I ordered the rib eye steak & it was easily the very best steak I've ever had. I came with homemade mashed potatoes & perfectly seasoned steamed green beans. We can't wait to go back. I will be ordering the steak again as will my son (I did cave & let him have a couple bites & he was wanting my meal as well as his) =) The only negative I have was that they either needed more wait staff or what they had needed to be more attentive. We needed drink refills but by time the server returned we were finished with our meal. We managed however & can't wait to go back.

Singapore, Singapore
“Great environment but a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My first visit upon recommendation from a friend. This neighbourhood restaurant do offer great American style dinners. As a tourist, the places that we visit are often considered "franchised". This restaurant however was different from those.

Environment was great, it was relaxing with live music playing in the backdrop. For the music, it only begins at 8pm. Staff was very friendly and very helpful.

However, the food is on the pricey side. I ordered a Chesapeake Chicken which was a combination of shrimp, crabcake and grilled chicken breast served with mashed potatoes and greens. As probably it has seafood, it was slightly expensive as the steak entree was more valued for money. The steak was about 12oz.

As for the taste, the main attraction of the dish was the mashed potato for me. It was buttery and smooth. I liked it alot. The others just felt normal for me.

Even that, I would definatly return for subsequent times during my visit. If I am a local, I would also return but not that often.

• Visited April 2014