“Wonderful experience!”

Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Clifton Park
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were caught in in a snowstorm traveling down rte 87. Conditions were hazardous and we needed to pull off the road. Luckily we happened upon Comfort Suites. There were 2 rooms available and they were able to put us next to one another. The girl at the front desk could not have been more friendly and kind. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas and there were snacks (pumpkin pie, cookies) offered to guests. Our spacious room was tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. The beds were quite comfortable with pillows offered in every level of firmness. Having made an unexpected stopover we did appreciate the location to 2 eateries next to the hotel. A quick walk across the parking lot and we had dinner. The breakfast the next morning was welcome. The selection of hot and cold foods gave us a nice start to the day. As snowbound guests prepared to dig out their cars, the main desk offered brooms to clean off cars. Overall, a pleasant experience during unpleasant weather.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
AllSuitesinCP, General Manager at Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. It is always encouraging to me and the staff to hear that we provided the excellent service that we continually strive for!
We hope to host you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I would like to share my experience with Comfort Suites in Clifton Park, NY. Since my oldest daughter lives in the vicinity, I decided to travel to Clifton Park. Comfort Suites seemed to have what I was looking for in a hotel, for example, a comfy looking king sized bed, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, wi-fi, daily hot breakfast included all in one spacious room. To my pleasant surprise, the room also included a large whirlpool bathtub. Oh, my aching bones enjoyed that immensely! I stayed for a total of 3 nights and have never had a more comfortable bed with lots of fluffy pillows. The front desk staff, housekeeping and the breakfast attendant were all very helpful, friendly and professional. My only issues were the coffee maker wasn't the best (was hoping for a Keurig coffee maker) and the hot breakfast. I enjoyed the many choices at the breakfast bar, but only one morning of my stay included eggs in the various hot offerings. To be honest, I substituted Belgian waffles (you make yourself fresh and hot!) and really shouldn't complain. ;) Also, I wish I could've gotten the room with my AAA or AARP discounts, but no rooms were available at a discount, so my stay was a bit pricey. All in all, I would highly recommend Comfort Suites if you're looking for comfort, cleanliness and friendly staff! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina S
AllSuitesinCP, General Manager at Park Manor Hotel, An Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We always offer a min 10% discount for AAA or AARP members/Senior Citizens.
Being you did not receive yours on this stay, we will go ahead and issue you the difference back to your card.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked a birthday party for my son's 10th birthday party on October 22, 2013 for November 10th from 2-5. I paid a $300.00 deposit at this time. I planned the party, printed invitations, mailed them, purchased favors and ordered the food and cake. On October 28, 2013 I received a call from Cory who scheduled my party requesting I return the call. On October 29th, 2013, at 1pm, I returned the call. Cory informed me due to a "computer glitch".the room booked for my sons party was not available and I would need to change the time or date of my party. I explained this was not possible and furthermore invitations were sent and responses have already been received. To add insult to injury, he asked me why I was not able to change the day or time. He was extremely condescending and lacked every level of customer service that a person working in the hospitality industry should possess. I asked to have the number of the corporate office and he said" I can give it to you but it won't do any good because it is a franchise and independently owned". The sarcasm was not appreciated. I had to ask who the general manager was and was informed Dawn [--]. I asked to speak with her. When I did, her customer service skills were lacking a sense of professionalism as well. The proposal I had was to move the party on the same day to 11:00 am to use the pool, with no charge or move the party to a larger room at the same time with no pool use for no charge. When I declined she asked me how to resolve the issue. I informed her that I wanted a refund on my credit card immediately. She asked me if they had my contact information. I told her that I hoped so since they had my credit card number. I received an email notifying of the refund from Comfort Suites, however have not received official notification from my credit card company.
DO NOT PLAN EVENTS HERE. THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT ARE LESS THAN COMPETENT LACKING PROFESSIONALISM AND COURTESY!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KASl2013

We at Comfort Suites once again apologize for this issue. Unfortunately, sometimes there are happenings that are beyond our control, and this was one of those instances.

We had hoped you would accept our offer to continue to host your party at the same day & time, or at an earlier time that same day, free of charge.
We are sorry that those options were unacceptable to you.

Your money was refunded in full. Depending on your bank institution, it can take up to 10 days for the refund to show on your statement.

Please know this situation is not a normal occurrence, yet rather an error beyond our control that we tried our best to rectify as we could.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed two nights here while working in Niskayuna. Very clean, modern and well-run. A little difficulty in the room - neither plug strip, nor lamp outlets, nor convenient outlets for laptop - front desk issued me a plug strip. Fast Internet. Somewhat tricky heat/AC, and a little noisy. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was slightly better than Comfort usual.

Room Tip: Higher is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave4_-_3W
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

First time ever stayed at a comfort suite. What a great surprise. My daughter and I loved it the best part was the bed I have a hard time sleeping when I go away. Not this time slept like a baby!!!! The staff were great and friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DorothyP781
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a nicely decorated hotel. The rooms are large. The beds are comfortable. There's a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, counter, sofa and coffee table. They have a nice pool. The included breakfast had the best scrambled eggs that I've ever had at a hotel. It had French toast, pancakes, make your own waffles, sausage, bacon, corned beef hash, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, English muffins, bagels, Danish pastry and hard-boiled eggs. To drink they had apple juice, orange juice, ice water, milk, coffee and tea. The only negative was the elevator was slow.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been staying at the Comfort Suites in Clifton Park for over 2 months (July 12 until the present) for business. Although I have been away from home; the staff has made me feel as if this has been my home away from home. Always a "good morning" and "how are you" when ever I see them. The management staff has given me an exceptional rate on my rooms, which I have 2; one for me and one for my business associate. The housekeeping staff is very personable and again exceptionally thorough at maintaining my room. There is always a hot breakfast provided in the morning and a cheerful "GOOD MORNING" when I step into the breakfast area. The maintenance staff of Geoff and Howard have become personal friends and have bent over backwards to make our stay here comfortable. At one point in time the WIFI was not working correctly and Geoff made sure it was taken care of that day.

Before booking the rooms I looked at several hotels in the area, and even though the people from the Clifton Park area are very kind, the staff and management at the Comfort Suites made ever effort to get my business. Corey, at the front desk was more than accommodating and had me look at several rooms and was able to choose the rooms I needed for the summer.

I would highly recommend the Comfort Suites at Clifton Park, NY for your next stay. The staff maintains a family atmosphere and make your stay a welcome one

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business