“big portions, great service”

Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelo's Prime Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 149 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 146
Description: Located in the remodeled Clifton Park Center, Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill has all the quality and service you would expect of a Mazzone Hospitality resstaurant, but with prices that rival their "chain competitors". We feature innovative modern cuisine, including favorites from our Prime locations as well as sandwiches, burgers and light fare. Join us for dinner and enjoy a full bar and wine list carefully chosen by our expert sommelier.
Reviewed January 25, 2018

food was good service was great. ALEX waited on my wife and i. unbelievable watching this guy work. very proffesional he new before me when i was done and catered our table accordingly. bartender got my wifes drink wrong twice so he goes behind the bar and makes it right himself!! fun time. need more alex's!!!

1  Thank bobby k

Reviewed January 17, 2018

I came in for breakfast, as I had stayed at the attached Hilton Garden Inn. It's a standard Garden Inn offering, and I always love a good omelette in the morning. What really stood out to me here was the service - two people, Julia + Anthony were FANTASTIC! They worked in tandem to make sure not only me, but all the people around me had exactly what they wanted. Both were generous, warm, and welcoming. I felt very pampered!

Looking forward to dining here again sometime!

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Our waiter had 1 day experience and was doing his best while totally over taxed. We arrived 1.5 hrs prior to movie. We advised waiter time we were leaving. Steak and cheese sandwich was tasty. Salad was fresh but was delivered with wrong dressing. Meatloaf was terrific. We will return for more appetizer meals as it’s location works!

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I have "thing" against businesses that restrict a customers choices. These guys don't serve any Anhueser Busch products. There option, but it affects my attitude. On a Saturday night, the place was half full. Except for yelling and screaming from a wedding party, the atmosphere was sedate. Wife and couple with us all had the meatloaf. Each enjoyed their choice. Two left with doggie bags. My Gulf of Maine Salmon was well prepared and flavorful. The sweet sauce on top precluded needing any lemon. Brussel sprouts were crispy (as advertised) and a nice touch. I substituted onion rings, which were cooked perfectly. I dodged a real bullet by getting the accompanying "Crema de Maize" on the side. A yellow colored gruel which had a weak corn flavor. I enlisted the wife to try it, but she opted not to go any further.

Service was good throughout most of the evening. That broke down at the end, when our server seemed to be the only one on duty. The check took much longer than expected. There is a point where letting a customer linger turns into ignoring them. We got to that point.

Alcohol prices were fair and posted. Food prices were on the elevated side ($18 for meatloaf?). We'll be back in a year. There are a lot of good restaurants in Clifton Park.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Most restaurants that are located on the main floor of a hotel are average at best. Prime Bar & Grill is definitely a cut above the rest. Except for their notoriously SLOW service, their menu is delicious. We started with excellent fried calamari that had outstanding dipping sauces. For entries, I got the spicy pork over green beans which were wonderful ( next time I'll ask for more sauce) and my wife got the salmon which she swears is the best in the area. We decided to really treat ourselves so we split their famous coconut cream pie. It is so rich, it is more like a cheesecake. Yum!!! After waiting forever ( as usual) for the check, we left very satisfied...looking to return soon.