“It's the best meal I've ever had in my life!”
Review of Shalimar

Shalimar
Ranked #15 of 141 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Indian
Glens Falls, New York
“It's the best meal I've ever had in my life!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'm new to Indian food and have only tried one other local buffet. What put this meal over the top was the chili chicken and the friendly, outgoing owner/chef. Everything on the buffet is excellent. Other noteworthy dishes were the chicken tikka, vegetable korma, and the famous rice pudding. I'll stop whenever life takes me through Clifton Park during lunch time!

• Visited January 2014

Albany
“Excellent Buffet”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have visited the lunch and dinner buffets, and also gotten takeout from this particular Shalimar, and the food is consistently good. Food on the buffet is always fresh and constantly replenished -- at 7.99 for lunch and 9.99 for dinner buffet, it's an excellent value. It's very vegetarian-friendly, but there's also a great selection for meat-eaters. I do avoid the goat however -- I don't like it, so I can't comment on the taste of this particular dish. Service is always very attentive and friendly. If you like a lot of spice, you may not like the food here (at least on the buffet -- I'm assuming you can get it spiced to order if you get takeout or don't get the buffet) -- however, it's a great place to introduce someone to Indian cuisine. I brought a friend who had never tried Indian food before because she thought it was too spicy - and she loved the place.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank GH491964
“sucks”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

ordered different item with lamb, beef, chicken......All three had the same sauce....I think the y make the sauce and add boiled meat be it chicken, beef or lamb as ordered. I will not make the mistake of going there

• Visited August 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“I love Shalimar”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've been to Shalimar more than 30 times, so I think I can be trusted when I say that it is fantastic. Most of the times I've visited, I came specifically for the lunch or dinner buffet. They only serve buffet on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. They have a good selection of food and everything tastes great. The tandoori chicken is very good and I highly recommend it, as well as the Tikka Masala. They have a limited staff, but service is still very good. This is primarily due to the very small eating area. There are only about 13 tables in the whole restaurant. Big parties are practically out of the question in here. Though I have seen them pull together a bunch of the small tables by the cash register to accommodate a party of 10.

I have two gripes with Shalimar, and that's the only reason they get 4 out of 5, instead of all 5. One is that they are very slow to re-stock Naan in the buffet, though that seems to be improving lately. I've been on a number of occasions where there was no naan in the buffet line nearly the entire time I was there(though I do eat and get out pretty fast). The other problem is that they 'Americanize' the food a little bit, or decrease the spice level a lot. I've ordered off the menu several times and compared the meal to the buffet version of the same and the buffet is far less spicy and often with less flavor than the entree itself, especially the Chicken Vindaloo. I love Chicken Vindaloo and was happy to see it in the buffet, but all of the spiciness has been removed and the color is even different.

Other than these minor gripes, I highly recommend Shalimar and will continue eating there frequently. Great food, great value ($9.99 for the dinner buffet) and excellent service.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ben H
Albany, New York
“Delicious every time”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Definitely the best Shalimar in the area. Fast, delicious Indian fare. It's consistent and tasty every time. We especially love their lunch or dinner buffet. You can't beat the value for the variety and quality. A must go in Clifton Park!

• Visited June 2013