“Nice to have Indian food in Clifton Park”
Review of Shalimar

Shalimar
Ranked #12 of 141 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Indian
Lagos, Portugal
“Nice to have Indian food in Clifton Park”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Tried this for lunch and found they had an inexpensive buffet with plenty of options of food - very good - many of the traditions that you typically see, but a few we have not seen before which was a pleasant surprise. It is located in a shopping plaza near K-Mart - do not be turned off by the location - very nice and an excellent value and very good food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Janicew13

Mechanicville, New York
“The Best!!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We eat at Shalimar about 2 times a month, it is always consistently good fresh food. We love it, the staff are always fast and friendly. Shalimar is one of the best places to eat at in Clifton Park.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jim and Gretche... W
Saranac Lake, New York
“Dinner for one”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Being from the North country I don't get Indian food a lot. So I take advantage of it whenever I can. I will be visiting this place again when I'm next in Albany. Lamb Rogan Josh was excellent as well as the roasted garlic Naan, raita, and rice pudding. Lamb was gingery with a nice little kick (I am a moderate spice kind of person). Service was excellent and while there are no windows the Decore is fairly nice.

1 Thank adk1986
Albany, New York
“Best!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stopped here on a whim not knowing that it is under new management since my last visit. I cannot rave about the food enough! Shalimar has always been consistently good but my most recent experience blew all of my past visits out of the water. I'm just sorry I no longer work in Clifton Park because I fully intend to eat here as often as possible. If you're ever torn between which Indian restaurant to visit in the area I urge you to go with Shalimar, and don't forget to grab a bottle of wine at the liquor store in the same plaza :)

2 Thank JJ1506
Saratoga Springs, Ny
“Best Indian in Clifton Park”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place! The food is always delicious, the prices are very reasonable and the people that work here are very nice. It always seems to be the place I think of when I'm trying to think of a place in Clifton Park to eat! I recommend the Samosa chat, chicken tikka masala and of course the naan. Its the perfect dinner! They currently have a buffet on weekends which has tons of different dishes to try if you can't make up your mind!

2 Thank Widgeon14

Been to Shalimar? Share your experiences!