“out of business”

Add it.
Blue Spice Thai Clifton Park
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant is no longer here. Out of business. They had a store in Colonie NY also on Central Avenue but that is also gone.

1  Thank Alanbarry2013
There are newer reviews for Blue Spice Thai Clifton Park

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Not sure about the other locations.

Went by a month or two ago and the place was empty and doors locked. Sad, because I loved the food but no one knew they were there.

1  Thank TiffNLuke
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very good food, sushi is always great and very fresh tasting, what little thai food I do eat has been good as well. Staff is quite friendly and the place is never overcrowded or loud. I visit frequently with friends and family, several times a month.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Good Thai food. Not the best ever but nice flavors and spices. Great value with a coupon.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

If I could, I would assign 3.5 stars. The food is fresh and well-prepared. I love their basil spring rolls and chicken panang curry. The Pad Thai - which I've tried twice - just seems "off". It's very sweet and is little more than noodles and sauce (ie sufficiently lacking in nuts, green onions, protein, and not served with chili sauce). For Pad Thai I don't think you can beat Sushi Thai. The prices are on the high side for the portion sizes for entrees (particularly take-out), but I think it's made up for in the quality of ingredients. For example, the chicken breast is fileted, well-trimmed (absolutely no fat or tenders), and perfectly cooked. Appetizers and soup portions are large and inexpensive.

The authenticity of this food can't be denied. It is a family run business and English is most definitely a second language. In the kitchen this presents no problems. However, when trying to place or pick up a take-out order, communication with the hostess - who is very kind and strives to make your experience as pleasant as possible - has proved difficult if there are ANY special requests (eg "no peas"; nothing crazy!). I'm at the point where I'm not ordering take out unless I can do so in person and write down the order. Or I might just order "as-is" on the phone pick out my own peas...