“Happy Hour-->Really Impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #16 of 138 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crossing Blvd.
Albany, New York
“Happy Hour-->Really Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

A friend invited us up for happy hour one evening. I'd never been here and had barely heard of the place, but was very impressed---both with the quality of the food and the economy of the deals!

The margherita pizza w/ sausage (for $6!) was delicious, and the drinks were all buy 1/get 1, so we grabbed several glasses of wine/beer & sangria. The sangria was delicious, and the wine/beer selection was quite good.

This is a restaurant I will definitely return to in the future---I look forward to trying other food from their menu! The happy hour deals are the best I've seen in the area for this kind of quality---final check came to $30 for a pizza & 6 drinks!

To top it off, the bartenders were friendly & helpful and only made the experience that much better!

• Visited May 2013

Latham, New York
“great happy hour, not so great restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I have been here for happy hour a few times and have thoroughly enjoyed it - great drinks, great service and great bar food - all for really great prices! We decided to try the restaurant and took advantage of a Groupon offer. The service was good but we weren't that impressed with the food...it was okay, but nothing special. I was very excited to try the pasta because I love, love fresh-made pasta but it wasn't that good; the flavor wasn't impressive and it just didn't have that "chew" you get with good fresh pasta. Prices are kind of high, but some portions are big - the chicken parm and lingui was a very large portion, but other items weren't. Also, it was COLD in the restaurant! We will definitely go back for happy hour, you can't beat that, but we likely won't go back to eat in the restaurant....there are too many other restaurants locally that provide much better meals.

1 Thank Trish B
Latham, New York
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been there several times for their Happy Hour. Buy 1 get 1 free on all drinks at the bar. Even premium brands. Very friendly bartenders. $5 happy hour bar menu is a great value and delicious. We've tried the pizza, arrincini, plus a pannini and several other as well. All have been delicious. Our visit for dinner, however, left a little something to be desired. Service was friendly and well-paced but the food was just so-so. To me, the fresh pasta was over-cooked. It was too soft (overcooked) and didn't have that bite or chew that is a trademakr of fresh pasta. Chicken parm was a bit tough and we really don't like their sauce. Not a real fresh taste, more of an over-seasoned taste. There was one herb or seasoning that just dominated the flavor of the sauce. I can't place my finger on what the taste was but it was very strong and really dominated the rest of the taste of the sauce. I had the shrimp with the spinach and roasted red pepper risotto. The shrimp were good. Not over-cooked. Risotto was cooked well and very tasty. I don't think we'll be back for dinner. p.s Bring a sweater and a flashlight. Back part of the restaurant was very dark.....and freezing.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Schenectady, New York
“Horrible Customer Service and Attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been going here for 6 months for Happy hour and it was always great. Last month we went and we had a party of six people and we could not find a table directly in the bar so we asked if we could sit at a 6 top table directly right near the bar area. The manager told us fine. So 5:45pm comes around and a young woman stating she was the general manager comes to our table and tells us we need to get up immediately. We asked why and she said she had dinner patrons she needed to seat now. We told her we were told we could sit there and she said that was only a favor and to get up now. We told her we were ordering drinks and appetizers and she said we could take our appetizers and go stand over there. she was very very rude, unprofessional and we asked her to speak with the owner Tim and she said he was fully aware of it. She said the only way we could stay at this table was that each person had to order a full dinner. Come to find out that there were just 5 people sitting at the table and they could of sat at one of 2 four top tables right next to the 6 top table or they could of just added a chair but she did not want any part of what we had to say. So we proceeded to get up. Ten minutes goes by and we had a few mores questions for this general manager. We asked some more questions and she became very juvenile and started acting like a spoiled baby. We told here that this is very unprofessional and she was rude and disrespectful. She then advised us that we were cut off and are to leave immediately. We went up to get another drink and the bartenders told us that they were not to serve us. We are all professionals and acted in a very respectful manner. I have called and e-mailed the owner on numerous occasions and no one has ever gotten back to me. What a way to do business huh. I highly DO NO RECOMMEND this restaurant at all. If they are going to treat people like this then I want everyone to know about it. Please be aware that you could be next.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tomtravelsalot
New York
“Fine dining prices in fast-food atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were seated in front of restaurant at TINY table for 2. There was not enough room for wine glasses, bread plates, bread basket, and meal plates----constantly rearranging dishes to make them "fit". Tabletops laminated with no tablecloths or placemats----felt like I was at a fast food joint. The food was very good, but also very pricey for what you received. Service was good, however, we felt rushed. Main dishes were brought out while we were still eating our appetizers. We won't be going back. For that high of price, we want a nice atmosphere as well as good food.

• 1 of 5 bubbles