“Many Gluten Free Options (ironic isn't it? :) )”

Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Wheatfields Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 147 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Crossing Blvd.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Tim at the front desk was very gracious and helpful!!. He knew we needed GF menus because we had mentioned in our online reservation that I have celiac. I also mentioned to the server " I have Celiac" (yes, I say this politely to everyone who will be handling my food because I do not like to get glutened and get sick) .... and she seemed to understand. I felt relaxed--oh good, I can dine safely Of course, the irony of eating at WHEATfields is not lost on me. :)

She took our order, brought our drinks (curiously, one was more of a "generous pour" than the other and we had the same thing ) and we were happy.

Then, we were given a basket of bread.
hmm. I'm pretty sure I have been a bit of a pest and made it clear I have celiac and I do not like to keep bringing it up, but...hello? I can't have bread!! I flagged him down asked if he could take it away. And asked nicely "Do you have any GF bread by any chance"? He says "Oh you wanted Gluten Free bread?" Er, yes please? It came about 10 minutes later (they heat it up) and I was delighted to see it was an Against the Grain baguette I like so much.

Dinner was VERY good! I had the lemon spinach risotto with shrimp. Hubs had a Caesar salad (he picked the croutons off) he is also GF, but not a celiac or NCGI and he did not specify he did not eat those, so it was no one's fault and not a big deal.
However, I was offered a "flourless chocolate cake" for dessert. After asking a few questions, I learn....... it's not baked in a certified GF facility. So, actually, no, this dessert is NOT GF. Note to Wheatfields: You should make this clear to your patrons. Cross contamination is a very real problem for celiacs. I know. I have become quite ill from eating a flourless chocolate cake at another restaurant, only to learn it came from SYSCO.If you can't "source it" you cannot claim it is GF.

The made- on- the- premises creme brulee , however, was DELICIOUS!!

Kudos to the chef and baker.

Go there and enjoy the GF menu options, fellow celiacs... but ask questions first.
Ask them where the GF pizza dough is made, for example..... Just sayin.

Extra good thing: No glutening symptoms 2 days later.

One bad thing--this place is as cold as a meat locker....BRRRR... turn up the heat, guys.

Thank you, Wheatfield's for offering so many good GF options!.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

The atmosphere is very nice here. I think the food is decent but I definitely think it is overpriced. Its not someplace I would go to that often. Just average

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had a romantic dinner here. Very nice atmosphere and piano player was wonderful. Seating allows for nice private conversations. Service was excellent. Menu was full of choices; hard to decide. Pasta is homemade and excellent. Cooked to perfection. Value wine list. All in all a very nice experience in a strip mall. Recommend for a mid priced romantic dinner in a very relaxed atmosphere. Staff friendly upon entering and exiting.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I like the eggplant dish. the pizzas are good also. they have weekday specials also. Food is good as long as you stick to the standard stuff. I once ordered a dish that sounded fantastic. When it came, it looked beautiful but it was a super small portion. it looked like a snack.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

It could be very good BUT it is always cold in the place whether is too much air conditioning in the
summer or no heat I the winter...it is cold. The food is very good BUT every time we order pasta it's
good but could be great if it was warm enough .I had a very good squash with pumpkin sauce special
that tasted sooooo very good BUT was so cold the sauce was congealing . it is a shame that the
nice atmosphere and really good food can be ruined by COLD!
we will keep trying because overall there are redeeming factors.