“Great Seafood Platter”

Matt's Cape House
Ranked #38 of 138 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: New England style, family owned and operated business providing the freshest seafood in the Capital Region. Straight from the Coast!
Clifton Park, New York
“Great Seafood Platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went here for dinner last night and loved the Seafood Platter. Shrimp and scallops especially good. We all had the chowder too and loved it. Informal, reasonable, and FRESH seafood.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ellen R

Cossayuna, New York
“Love the Fried Oysters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Can't eat fried like I use to (an age thing:(, but do love their fried oysters and do stop and have sometimes and "get away w/ it!!". Husband likes the same, but he has the same problem w/ fried foods too. but we manage to do OK, not heavy batter, not greasy. Always a treat!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cossayuna
Albany, NY
“Great Seafood in Upstate NY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We went several nights ago for a fun date night, we had both been craving lobster rolls for a couple weeks and boy did these hit the spot! We ordered mozzarella sticks, two lobster rolls (they come with two sides) and drinks all for $34, which I think was a great deal. The food came out fast and was fresh. We ordered the lobster rolls warm, they came on large buns and were piled high with tender large chunks of tail and claw. There was butter you could add if you wanted. I ordered fries and coleslaw, the fries were crispy and hot and the coleslaw was nice and creamy with a good consistency, not too runny. He also ordered fries and the potato salad which he said was very good as well. Service was prompt and friendly, we had a great time and can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2011
Cohoes, NY
“A good meal at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Last night my husband and I went to Matt's for dinner. We go here when we are in the mood for seafood and want to be casual. Matt's is a no frills kind of place: clean, counter service, seat yourself dining room,and picnic place settings. The seafood is excellent:their lobster roll is my favorite, I have also eaten their shrimp, haddock and whole belly clams. All of their seafood is fresh, tasty and large portions. Most meals come with 2 sides. I really like their coleslaw. Their lobster bisque and clam chowder are filled with flavor. When I eat at Matt's, I feel as though I am at the New England shore. A good meal at a good price.

• Visited June 2011
“Fresh seafood, terrific staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

Great food at reasonable prices. One of those spots you'll find yourself adding to your list of favorites. Staff is exceptionally friendly.