“Agree trip advisor excellence ???? 2014”

O' Brien's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A casual bar and family restaurant, open daily for lunch and dinner! One of the few restaurants in the area open after 9:00 pm. Come in for Happy Hour or for one of our nightly bar specials that run seven days a week! We also do catering for weddings,and many other occasions. Live entertainment every weekend and some weeknights in the Summer. We offer NYS Lotto, ATM on site, pool tables, darts, & several TV's to watch your favorite team. Whether it's for fun, food, drinks, or just quality time spent with the family enjoying dinner, come to O'Brien's! Where we treat you like family, feed you like guests, and you'll leave every time with a smile on your face. Located right across from the beautiful St Lawrence River and next door to the 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel, stop in and check us out!
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Just a quick review hour and 25 mins to get dinners salad smallest ever seen, fish burnt .rubber chicken parm not even diner quality do your self a favor stay far away !

1  Thank todd300mag

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I read some reviews about this place and "apparently" it's one of the must go to bar in the area and boy was I wrong. I was even on yelp and the reviews on there for mediocre. Okay, so this is where it begins... A co worker and I went to sit at the bar areas ( table) and NO ONE NO ONE came to even ask us if we were being helped or a menu. We literally sat there for 15 minutes and they all acted like they were BUSY. After 15 minutes, a server walked by and she asked if we are eating here. What kind of question is that? We are sitting at the table... Hm... that question made me second thing of the restaurant. Regardless, I has hungry so I didn't care and just wanted food. We ordered nachos and ground beef and cheese ( Poor decision if you like nachos that made of fake cheese) I was hungry so I ate and for my entree, I ordered a steak and you probably asked why would you order a steak at a bar. I was hungry and boy did I regret about ordering that steak. I normally like my steak medium rare done and when I got my steak, it was literally rare. Not only that, the steak was still frozen in the middle and there was ABSOLUTELY no taste in the steak but oil. It was bland and the steak literally tasted like they had dropped the steak in the oil bucket and took it back out. I never had such an awful taste in food and I didn't even finish it. The check came to around $55 per person. Not a good price for nasty food and service. I also ordered a beer and it never came so I had to ask her about the beer. I repeat, DON'T COME HERE!!! It's a rip off and the service here is also very questionable.

2  Thank Paris4Life
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Friendly bar tenders and good food with a band on the weekends.
Located in Clayton with a attached restaurant. We ate at the bar and met some great people.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've taken my family here twice, actually, with the most recent time over the 4th of July weekend. Both times we have had the pizza. The place was recently renovated on one side which was beautiful. I believe the other side has more of a bar atmosphere (which is where we sat the last time we visited). The pizza is pretty darn good for being touristy. We live in the Buffalo area where there are pizzeria's everywhere but this place was pretty good. Pricey as expected but you could do worse. Close to Main St. in Clayton which is always an enjoyable walk on a nice day/evening.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great neighborhood bar with good food reasonably priced and friendly staff. Nothing fancy but you'll never leave hungry or thirsty.
Owner Buffy goes out of her way to be accommodating and helpful to tourists and locals alike.