“worth the price for sure.”
Review of PJ's Motel

PJ's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clayton
PJ's Motel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is exactly what you should expect for $69. It's pretty much the lowest "peak season" price you'll find in A-bay. (There are some motels in town that are $85+ with NO a/c.)The room was small but not crowded, and included a small fridge, microwave and cable TV. The place was clean, had better beds than many other motels i've stayed at, decent size & equiped bathroom.and nice cold A/C,. Plenty of parking, and it's 5 minutes from A-bay, clayton or the bridge to Canada. The idea of being a bit out of town means it's much quieter .The staff was pleasant, and there's also a cafe' next door (we didn't try it). The only down side was the fire/ carbon detector's battery went bad and it started going in to test made every 5 minutes. I set it outside and the cleaners took it for a new battery.....no biggie. If your looking for clean and cheap- this is as good as you'll find in the area. If your looking for fancier diggs, there's plenty of that around, but expect to pay at least $100 a night MORE than here. I'd have no issue staying with them again. [ *Note*- I spend at least a dozen or more nights in Alexandria Bay, so I've stayed at many places in this price range.]

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
pjsmotel, Owner at PJ's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our property, We strive to provide nice clean rooms at reasonable rates and great food with friendly atmosphere in our restaurant. We will continue to do our best for you as well as all of our patrons and appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Let me start by saying that the motel owner is very nice. She let us check in early and was very accomodating, and put up with the hockey team's crap. However, you get what you pay for-I've stayed in many establishments, and this was pushing it to my limit. There were no curtains on the window-only a white blind, which would let in light-so I rigged a blanket up there so light wouldn't get in in the morning. The walls are super thin-you can hear your neighbors-the heater-I have no idea what it was-a radiator? A space heater in the wall? I have no clue-but it was extremely old. The bathroom was tiny-there was hardly any room at all. There was no floor mat for the shower-only a paper mat-which does nothing-so we put a towel down. We had no remote for the TV and the motel did nothing about it. Honestly, I would not stay here again-it was fine for 1 night-but I won't be back. It was clean-that was a good thing...but wayyy too bare bones for my taste.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of our property. We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay here; we would like you to know we have replaced the entire side building blinds with blackout drapes and will be replacing the remainder of the blinds in the front motel where your team stayed with drapes as well. Also out of the 20 rooms, suites and apartments on the property, all but 6 beds have been replaced with new ones. We appreciate your input and will strive to do our best for our patrons.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Good:
The drinks, the motel employees, the bar/restaurant attached to the motel and the Alex Bay bike rally with good bands and cheep beer

The Bad:
The River Rat Motel is several miles from town . (but you know this going in)

The Ugly:
My Husband and I always joke that the smaller motels usually make the most memorable stays with the outdated rooms. (but we always have a great time)

The Rat pushed this to the limit with the desperate need for new bedding.

For this reason I have to rate the hotel very poorly.

2  Thank Rochester64

Thank you for your review of our property. We were sorry the bedding was not to your satisfaction and wanted to let you know that since then we have replaced every bed but 6 in our 20 rooms, suites and apartments,,,and every room has at least one brand new one. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to do our best for you and all of our patrons in providing clean comfortable rooms at reasonable rates and great food in a friendly atmosphere. Pamela Bennett...owner/ manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Swan Bay Resort & Marina
Swan Bay Resort & Marina
#2 of 3 in Alexandria Bay

Been to PJ's Motel? Share your experiences!