“A Long Time Restaurant”

Euclid Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Clay
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Euclid is a Family Restaurant serving home style cooking to the Clay, Liverpool, Syracuse areas. Seafood, Pasta, Steaks & Chops
Port Charlotte, Florida
“A Long Time Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Euclid Restaurant, located in the Euclid Hotel in the small town of Euclid, has been in business for over 60 years that I'm aware of. Building improvements have been made over the years, but patrons come for the food more that the atmosphere. My wife and I both had the fried Haddock, one of their specialties. The portions were large and the fish was very flavorful. We were both sated and satisfied. Our dining companions had steak and were also very complimentary. The Euclid Restaurant is one of those hidden gems, off the beaten path, but well worth the trip.

• Visited May 2013

Rochester, New York
1,918 restaurant reviews
“Nice change of pace restaurant without the chain food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I ate at Euclid's for the first time last night, and I enjoyed it. This is not a fancy restaurant, and the main dining room is hardly luxurious. (Our entire row of tables sloped towards the wall of the place, as the floor is not level!) The chairs and tables are the same as you'd expect to see in a diner; plain and unpretentious. Yet the entire inside has a certain "hominess" that is quite comfortable, and most of the patrons seemed as though they'd enjoyed the place for many, many years.

Our waiter was an extremely friendly fellow who was very familiar with the menu. He gave us some great suggestions, and then allowed us plenty of time to decide. I must admit that some of the menu items did not appear to be conventional, such as the clam and pepperoni chowder, which several folks around us were ordering, It looked interesting!

I ended up ordering the fried clams, which is hardly a gourmet item. However, they came out plump and succulent, and were really good. The side dishes I picked were cole slaw and a tossed salad, both of which were very nice. The tossed salad was pretty good-sized, and the parmesan dressing was also quite tasty. They also had a nice special that I did not get...two racks of ribs, BBQd to perfection. It looked nice, but I had just eaten BBQ the week before, so I passed on that,

We skipped dessert, but the bill was still pretty low, as the prices are quite moderate here. This is a nice place to come to enjoy a nice meal at a good price, AND it avoids the "chain restaurant scene." I would love to come back.

• Visited May 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Home style like it should be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ya know it's a good menu backed up by some great dishes..
This is family style at it's best. My elderly Aunt Effa came to
visit us, and we needed to find a restaurant that had easy access for
her. Parked right at the front door. No steps... easy for her to get in and out.
The staff was wonderful. She enjoyed her experience and wants to go back when she
visits us again. Thanks Euclid!!!

• Visited February 2013
Baldwinsville, NY
“euclid”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Aside from their fish on Fridays, I have had some "not so good" experiences. Will just name two. Peanut Butter Pie - For what they charge is should be the real thing, not the "CoolWhip" version. Ordered a meatball sandwich for lunch. Meatballs were raw inside. Yuk !

Visited January 2013
Red Creek, New York
“Great Family Dining at great prices!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

In a world of "cookie cutter" restaurants, the Euclid stands alone, historic building, fantastic service and more fantastic food,...... this is my fourth or fifth time eating here, and I have never left dissapointed or hungry.....with many of the "chain" restaurants within a mile radius of the Euclid, you are welcomed here with open arms and country charm!!!!! As a family we have ventured here to take my 90 year old parents out for there anniversary and they were all impressed (and we have taken tham to many places), last night my daughter and fiance wanted to take us to Red Lobster (five minutes up the road), wanting to avoid the one hour plus wait and leaving feeling less than satisfied my wife and I suggested the Euclid......we were seated within ten minutes, taken upstairs (a new experience for us, very pleasant!!!) and were sipping our drinks while enjoying some very tasty bread and buns within five minutes of that.....our waitress was superb and our dinners were fantastic, cooked to perfection and very healthy portions (we all came home with extra). We have two new Euclid fans in the family now as my daughter and fiance were pleasantly impressed with the whole experience.....thank you all for another great dining experience, we appreciate you being there and hope you remain in business for another 183 years!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013