“Amazing steak sandwich..... I craved more for days!”
Review of Kennedy's Cove

Kennedy's Cove
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We decided to take advantage of the 2010 restaurant week ( 6 of us) and all wanted to try Kennedy's Cove in Clarence since we heard so much about it. With only 3 choices on the menu for $20.10 per couple, we all chose the blackened steak sandwich and fries. It was THE best steak we had in a long, long time. We all raved about the tenderness and flavor, Yes it was a small place but actually cozy and unpretentious. This was a tenderloin sitting on a piece of garlic bread that I just wrapped around the meat and ate like a sandwich. We will absolutely go back again. You have to have the blackening spices, I think that really makes it!

1  Thank ginnybrown

Reviewed November 4, 2009

Over the top...the prices, that is. Tip included, we paid over a hundred bucks for what turned out to be an unremarkable steak and scallops entree, an 8-oz. steak entree, one glass of quite ordinary wine, and a single beer. It's a good thing we skipped the appetizers and desserts or we would have blown over an entire week's grocery money on a completely average meal. There was a surprise, though, and not a particularly nice one: when we pulled out our credit card we found out that they do not accept credit card payments, but we did manage to cover our expenses. We're not cheap and have eaten in any number of high-priced restaurants whose carte du jour and service justified the cost...but not Kennedy's. It wasn't an awful experience (merely middling in our opinion)--just too expensive for what we got and what we didn't...not even cloth table napkins.

2  Thank Zarzadzanie
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Way over priced. Went with a friend as this place was suggested to us. Shocked to see the prices but decided to give it a try as the place was packed. I ordered the steak and scallop special $42. My friend took the least expensive route Chicken marsala at $20. His chicken was covered with what appeared to be out of the can brown gravy and I think it included three mushroom slices. My steak was good, however the accompanying stuffed scallops was very uneventful... tasted like it should have been served in a local diner. Ok .. so the food is bad or not to my liking. Keep in mind that my meal alone was over $40 and consider this. Plastic pill cups with a chunk of butter stick, Plastic pill cups with sour cream, cheap paper napkins (similar to those from local fast food places), no bread to snack on prior to your meal... Rememeber this is a $40 meal. We spoke with the owner about our complaints... the extended to remove a single beer from the bill (wow thanks .. a one dollar expenditure for them). When confronted on the plastic cups the owner explained that they were cutting costs... Too bad they didn't extend the cost cut to the customer. Avoid this place...

2  Thank jjvfood
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Has a bit of a reputation in the area for good steaks; that is probably why they are still open. They are know for their steaks and their prices reflect that. Unfortunately the price does not reflect the quality of the steak.

If you need to go...go once. The service was outstanding; I did not care for the owners constantly hovering the dining room; felt like I was being watched. Not much of an atmosphere...

It is cash only or check. they do have a ATM if you forget to stock up.

Salad and Calamari appetizer were below average; steak (we both had the fillet) was average. I eat out frequently for business travels and know what to expect when I am spending this kind of cash for a meal.

Wine selection was good- Total cost of meal was $150 incl tip.

Reviewed August 22, 2008

We visited Kennedy's Cove on our anniversary, for somewhere different to treat ourselves. From the outside, it appears to be a very moderate place, nothing fancy. Inside as well.
The menu showed a lot of overpriced options. No dinners under $20.
My wife chose the chicken Marsella - two chicken breasts with what tasted like beef gravy on top. $20.
Waitress offered different potato options, but didn't mention that they were at additional cost. Saw it on the bill.
I chose a steak sandwich because it was more affordable @ $10. Sandwich was good.
Small glasses of wine overpriced at $7.50 each.
Bus boy wandering around the near empty restaurant too much.
Only take cash, no credit card. This was not posted, or mentioned until we paid bill, Luckily we had the cash.
Some places try to price themselves based on the surrounding neighborhood. This is one of those places. Not worth the price. We won't be back.

1  Thank JustMyOpinion2