“Orazio's has added Pizza to Menu”

Orazio's Pasta Steaks & Seafood
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Western New York's Most Award Winning Restaurant....... Serving Buffalo's Best Italian, Sicilian, and American Cuisine for 25 Years!! We also Specialize in Banquets, Take outs, & Catering for All Occasions...
Buffalo, New York
“Orazio's has added Pizza to Menu”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited this restaurant, a favorite of our's, on a recent Saturday night in November, 2012. We were pleased to find that Orazio's had added a new pizza oven manufactured in Naples, Italy. They made space for it and added a bar with stools so you can sip wine and watch your pizza made. We have spent a total of 5 weeks in Italy and Sicily in the past two years, and sampled the best pizzas in the world. Don't miss Orazio's authentic pizzas from their new oven. My wife ordered the Margherita; the sauce was thick, rich, and sweet. Large basil leaves covered fresh mozz. I had the Funghi; mushrooms covered carmelized onions, and drizzled with truffle oil. The crust of both pizzas was light and crisp. This is not woodfired, so if you like the smoky taste and charred crust of woodfire, you won't find that. These pizzas are, however, light and flavorful. Among the best we've had anywhere. Special thanks to chef Glenn, who explained the oven's operation and his assembly of the pizzas. The winelist is still excellent, without intimidating length and price. Try this established Italian restaurant's new pizzas!

• Visited November 2012

Juneau, AK
“Large party adeptly handled”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

In November 2012, our family held a dinner here following a large celebration the previous evening. Orazio's was recommended by my Buffalo-resident cousin who was in charge of logistics. He chose wisely!

Our rambunctious party of 15 was seated in a corner of this popular local bistro. Our server, Darryl, was aided by a young assistant and between the two of them, our group was well taken care of. Darryl's clear and clarion voice was a welcome feature to gain understanding of the various specials available the evening of our visit.

Everyone was pleased with their entrees, which as others have noted, are notably ample. I chose the linguini with clam sauce and wife ordered chicken marsala. Both were very good. Another guest ordered the baked lasagna and it resembled a miniature fort on a plate. My only mistake of the evening was not having a taste of it, because there was plenty left over.

Before tip the bill amounted to $531. As everyone had drinks and about half had dessert, I consider the per capita charge of $35 to be an exceptional value.

We would come here again.

• Visited November 2012
Cheektowaga, New York
“By far, the best of the best Italian Food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Last evening was my third visit to this restaurant, trying the Eggplant Parmesan for something different!! This is by far, the best eggplant parm I have ever had, and I've had this in many other places. The size of the plate was gigantic, and so filled, I took half home with me, not even attempting my side of HOME-MADE Linguine!
You will never go home hungry here, many of the other diners felt the same way, as seen by the take-home bags. The sauce is outstanding! The professionalism here overcomes the prices on their menu! We were carefully taken care of, and no one bothered our table 10 times.....a huge NO for me!! I will definately recommend Orazio's for anyone, and any occasion!! In my opinion, for what a diner is paying for a meal these days, to have enough to be satisfied, and enough for the next day is terrific!!

• Visited October 2012
“Lot's of food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Ths is an Italian restaurant that seves food on plates that are the size of the platters people use to bring out the Thanksgiving turkey. The service is really slow, but everyone is friendly and the food is delicious, and rich. I had linguini and clam sauce - you can order red or white - and there was enough on the plate for three meals, along with home-made bread. I ordered coffee and asked if I could get low-fat milk, or at least milk rather than cream. The waitress said "no problem" and brought out a cup of coffee and a small pitcher of cream. This isn't a place to come if you're watching your diet, and the diners seemed to reflect that. One guy to my right was apparently celebrating his birthday, and they brought him out some cake (on the house) so he could split a small piece with his wife. The cake covered a plate which was the size of a dinner plate, and there was about 4" of whipped cream on top.

The food is delicious. It's kind of a "Mom and Pop" atmosphere. Nice place to eat if you like leftovers.

They pride themselves on wrapping leftovers, by the way, and were really disappointed when one person in my party asked for a box to take the leftovers herself. "We wrap them up really nice, Honey, with plastic wrap around the box." And indeed they did with my linguini.

• Visited July 2012
Windsor, CT
“Orazio's is Okay”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Read the reviews before my visit to the Buffalo area and decided to give it a try. The first impression is that the place is very loud. We asked to be seated in the bar room where the noise level was a little lower. The menu was very extensive. Our waitress was very helpful and very enthusiastic about the food. She said everything is made on site.

We ordered the veal abruzzio and the stuffed flounder. The veal dish was large and enough to take home for the next days lunch or dinner. It was large but I would say just so so -- definitely not blown away with the dish on the whole. The bread was also nothing special. The stuffed fish was probably the best of everything -- four rolls were small but again plentifuly. The roasted potatoes were good. The vegetables (zucchini and summer squash) were swimming in oil -- yuck -- inedible.

The bottom line -- large portions but just okay. Will I go there again -- probably not.

• Visited June 2012