“Punchy for "Poonch-kees"”
Review of Paula's Donuts

Paula's Donuts
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Clarence
Reviewed February 13, 2013

"I thought I'd lost you," said Mrs. CG, as the bag-laden Cheap Gourmet returned to the Cheap SUV after a half-hour tenure in Paula's. This is the new location for the Buffalo area's Doughnut Duchess, a clean, comfortable place alongside Main Street in Clarence, except that there was a half-hour wait, exceptional even for Paula's. This was "Paczki Day" (prounounced: Poonch-Key) when, in honor of Mardi Gras, the formula is changed slightly to a heavier dough, a lost indulgence before 40 days of faschnachts, which Paula's also does to perfection. Actually, His Cheapness had to return to pick up his packzkis, as they were just coming out of the oven. Paula's staff did its level best to management the urgent confusion of the paczki pilgrims, almost all of whom patiently kept their good humor. Still, he had to say as they settled in at home, that he'd satisfied his entertainment budget for the month, too -- he'd already been to the zoo!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good donuts - I went to the Clarence location. Waited in line, but it went fast. I would go back, but I'm careful of eating too many donuts - LOL.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Absolutely, postively love them. These donuts are the size of your head, at least the Texas size donuts. Paula's does such a good job of enticing you to come back over and over. The Coconut donut is to die for.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

While I have a sweet tooth, donuts have never been my thing. Until I went to Paula's. Now I have random cravings for their decadent creations! 1st one I had was the peanut butter cream, amazing! Very rich. Then key lime pie donut, which wasn't what I would have picked, but was unexpectedly excellent. The prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank tabstab
Reviewed November 18, 2012

As much as I love doughnuts (sorry, we're from Canada - have to add those few letters!), and as easy as it would be, living about 2 blocks from a Tim Horton's, to have one every day, I limit myself to about a half dozen a year. So when I have one, it's got to be really good!! We had heard about Paula's Donuts on TV (yes, believe it or not, we do get Buffalo stations in Canada!),
so on our visit to Buffalo this time, we decided to give them a try. First, we sat at the counter and had a really delicious toasted blueberry bagel, and excellent coffee. Then, 2 minutes after we saw a tray of cinnamon doughnuts come out, we went to the takeout counter and indulged ourselves with 2 of those sinfully yummy warm ones, and 2 of the chocolate cream-filled. OMG!!!!! They were amazing, and worth every calorie they gave me for the day! As they say, everything in moderation! All we can say is that it's a good thing we don't live close by - we would weigh a ton in no time at all! Great job, Paula's!

1  Thank highlander88