“First wood cooked pizza”

Rocco's Wood-Fired Pizza
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for our first experience of wood oven cooked pizza. We ordered the loaded pizza and an order of wood cooked wings. Our order arrived quickly. The large pizza wasn't real large for the price. The cheese was just white globs here and there. I did not get the taste of wood smoke. The pizza was tasty, but nothing to ever get me in the door again. The wings were just so so. The front room we sat in was very loud. The only good thing was the view of the ovens at work. Probably will never stop again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I could never agree on pizza restaurants before foodie friends recommended Rocco's. I like Papa John's, she likes Zetti's, sometimes we'd enjoy a white pie from Bocce's. Rocco's is the best of all worlds. Thinner dough in the middle for the NY style folding crowd, but thicker crust around the edges for those of us who enjoy something to chew on. A cool assortment of fresh toppings occasionally make it worth the $20+ for a not-so-large large. The atmosphere is a little more sports bar than Italian bistro, but that hasn't turned us off enough to not head there on date night. We didn't love our over-priced side salad but 2 for 2 visits the pizza was worth it.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped by Rocco's last night for a quick meal with my husband and a friend. We have been to Rocco's a few times in the past and enjoyed our meals each visit. We were seated in the front dining area which was very loud, we really prefer to be farther back where the ambiance is a little nicer and its also a little quieter. We decided to share a large meatball pizza and each get a salad or soup to go with it. The salads and soups arrived pretty quickly and looked great. I had the fresh made Burrata salad that was a special that night. The Burrata was wonderful, very soft and creamy. The salad had a wonderful dressing on it that was full of flavor but not overpowering, this dish was excellent. The others ordered the pasta fagioli and both said they liked it a lot. The soup came out in a big bowl and was steaming hot. Shortly after our plates were cleared our pizza arrived hot and fresh. These are wood fired pizzas so they have that nice char on the bottom, the crust had a nice taste but I thought it was just a little too thick for a wood fired. There was a very generous amount of meatballs on the pizza and we loved the dollops of house made ricotta on the top as well. The large was the perfect amount for the three of us with a couple slices to take home as left overs. We all agreed that we would be back again and look forward to trying some of the other menu items as well.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

had a coupon buy one get one free. Still $25 for 2 pizzas. Thought i was getting something special. Special alright, looked gross and tasted worse. We had a white pizza, and a loaded pizza. Loaded was suppose to be meatballs mozzerella italian sausage, well the mozz was a squeeze cheese, and the meatballs and sausage all looked the same. We had it last Sun and its still in the fridge. Guess its time to throw out the leftovers. Never again.

1  Thank jpinj2
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I LOVE a good wood fired pizza, but I have to say we didn't get one here. Most wood fired pizzas have that smokey wood fired taste to them. I am sorry to say Rocco's did not....but we really wanted it to! The gentleman who was the host last night was very unfriendly, nothing about him made you really want to be seated. The restaurant itself was nice...seeing the pizza ovens was cool. Our waitress was helpful (as it was our first time there). The pizza came out fast after we ordered it. The toppings were plentiful, but the pizza was barely warm. It had no real flavor (we ordered the "Loaded" pizza. Like I said we REALLY wanted to be wowed...we weren't, sorry to say. there was nothing about the pizza that led me to believe it was made in a wood fired stove, expect for the slightly charred bottom. We just felt for the cost of the pizza....it wasn't worth it.