“Uneven...”

The Hollow Bistro & Brew
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A unique dining experience in the heart of the historic Clarence Hollow. The Hollow Bistro & Brew stresses only using the freshest ingredients to create comfort food offerings which offer American flavors with a glimpse of Asian and International flair. Rated by the Buffalo News as "One of the top restaurants in WNY" Catering and private parties as well as daily lunch and dinner specials are also available. Reservations welcomed.
“Uneven...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visited here during restaurant week in April 2013. In all fairness, I was the only one in a party of four who was disappointed. I ordered the Vegetable Gnocchi and it just didn’t work; there was little flavor, and what flavor the dish had was unappetizing. The service was decent for a crowded evening, and the kitchen accommodated adapting a menu for one of our party with dietary restrictions. I might return and try something else on the menu; I just wasn’t wowed.

• Visited April 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Great Food, Great Service, Good Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

After a long drive from NH, we stopped in Clarence NY and ate at the Bistro. Limited Menu, which means, good food. One person had the Porterhouse Pork Chop and it was yummy and cooked perfectly. I had Linguine Jambalaya which I'd never seen. The right amount of spice and excellent. Both meals were served piping hot.

Oh yes, the drinks, they pour, no measured shots, so you get your money's worth

Very nice atmosphere and it's right on Main Street.

• Visited May 2013
Buffalo,NY
“Excellent gem in Clarence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Hollow a few months back, even though we both live in North Buffalo we work out in Clarence / Williamsville and have heard good things about it, as our babysitter was looking after our daughter early we stopped by on a Saturday around 6pm, i'm thankful that we went early as we were seated ( they don't accept reservations on Friday / Saturday ) quickly and the place filled up not long after with a line of people at the bar waiting for a table.
The decor is lovely, it is a little cramped inside and when it gets busy later it does get a little noisy, but that was all offset by the wonderful food and great service.
Our waitress ( forgot her name ) was very attentive and friendly and answered our questions easily and with great knowledge of the menu
I forget what my wife had ( although I know she said it was great ) but I ordered the Chicken and Goat cheese ravioli to begin and the Linguine Jambalaya, both were outstanding, clearly freshly made and with skill.

We would definitely come here again, even though its a little out of the way for us, the only negatives I can say about the Hollow is I wish they accepted reservations and I hope they find a way to expand as its quite a tiny building.

• Visited February 2013
“Great lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped by for a quick lunch a few weeks back. Loved the food, soo good. Drinks were a little pricey but I liked our bartender/server made up for it with great conversation. The owner could barely crack a smile at us but there was another server who was very nice and told us the whole history of the restaurant. We had the french onion soup, portobello salad and the special which was a spinach ravioli with vodka sauce. The salad was to die for, the ravioli was a bit to chewy for my taste and the soup was awesome! We will be back for that salad!

• Visited April 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Drove by for years... We final went with friends, and SO GLAD we did!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We met our two friends there on a Saturday night to catch up and enjoy dinner, and catch a bit of the College Final Four. The Hollow is a quaint smallish bar & restaurant in "Clarence Hollow." It's a hidden gem, and a must if your anywhere near Clarence, NY! They do not take reservations, don't have a lot of tables, but we showed up around 6:30PM and sat at the bar and visited for only about 20-30 minutes before a table was ready.

The serving staff is very welcoming, pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. Typical Western New York hospitality! We first snacked on the THREE FLAVORS OF HUMMUS, while having a Yuengling beer - on tap! - and then we moved on to dinner. I had the BAKED LOBSTER PENNE - OMG... it's Sooooo good! A large serving, enough for left overs on Sunday! The Mrs. had the PORK PORTERHOUSE CHOP, which was cooked perfectly and served with mashed sweet potatoes. When the check came, we were surprised it was so little.

We enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere very much. We're disappointed it took so long for us to go here, but we're definitely going back!

• Visited March 2013