“Negative review was right”
Review of The Clarence Inn

The Clarence Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clarence
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Owners are very nice and room seemed sort of clean but how clean can it be with wallpaper peeling off the walls in the bathroom, shower also unglued from wall behind it, Fixtures and gold marbled wall laminate from the sixties all scratched above the sink.... Toilet randomly refilling. Dirty rug. Would be kitsch but more gross. Sorry.... I wanted to like it.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Crosscountrycommuter

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great price for a clean safe motel that is no doubt run by family. The kindness at the front desk was greatly appreciated. They said if I needed anything, they were there for us. We will be back for sure. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimmy N
Diana H, Owner at The Clarence Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

thanks for sharing your experience with trip advisor viewers. i hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

diana,
owner of the clarence inn

Reviewed December 7, 2009

This place was horrible. The bed was small, the TV was too low to view from the bed, the bedspread was dirty, the sink faucet splashed water all over the user, the shower didn't work properly, the toilet valve leaked and refilled itself every 10 minutes, the room was tiny, there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom...I felt like I should have been paying by the hour!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OralRobert33
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

we have been serving our guests for over 20 years and are very proud of the quality of our service. we continually work to make property improvements that will ensure comfort and convenience to our guests. our goal is to offer a "home away from home" feel. we have recently upgraded all of our mattresses, bedding and televisions. we now offer we wifi service.

Reviewed December 1, 2007

The Judy ann motel was a very nice place to stay. the owners are very friendly and nice. the place was nice and cosey... simple. they keep it simple. over all a great, safe and cosey place to stay. this is an affordable place to stay. VERY MUCH RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hobbyist789
Reviewed October 23, 2007

The hotel owners are very friendly, the rooms clean and the bed comfortable. Bonus: Mini fridge in room.

The room is a little run down, and the water pressure in the bathrooms taps will literally explode out of the sink. Overall, a cheap, clean place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank Patricia V
Reviewed September 28, 2007

My husband and I have stayed at the JUDY ANN twice. The first time for a month October 2006, and yes, we where in the Friday 13th blizzard!. Second time for a wedding in May 2007. We will be staying there October 2007 ( in a few weeks ).

I cannot say enough about the safety, security, clean rooms, and just plan nice people in the young owners Diane and Eli.
The owners are two of the most accomodating people on this planet! durring the blizzard the owner had a generator and we where not inconvienced at all!.
The rooms are small yet have what you need. Small fridge, gas range, sink, table, chairs, tv. When we get tired of eating out it's just plan nice to be able to cook a egg, toast, make a sandwich, etc. Staying here sure beats staying with family when we visit in Buffalo!
My husband and I really love this quaint place and the owners and their family. Honest, hardworking and very sincere people.
A great little country place- LOVE IT!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank golow00
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I stayed at this motel for 2 months while waiting to close on my house. The owners were very accommodating. The young couple who owns this wonderful little Mom & Pop style motel works very hard. Whenever I needed anything they were very prompt in meeting my needs. I had a lot of valuables there including a very expensive brand new computer and everything remained safe even though I was at work all day. My kitchenette style room was adorable with brand new white stove and stylish new green formica countertop and white cupboards and drawers complete with dishes, juice and water glasses, coffee mugs, pans of all sizes, silverwear, nice new kitchen towels and wash rags, stainless steel sink with good water pressure, a small round table and chairs, and a half size refrigerator in good shape and clean inside. I am happy to say my matress on the queen size bed seemed almost new. The bathroom had a shower with lots of water pressure. The sink was just outside the shower room and there was a pretty big open style clothing closet right next to that. Across from that were full length mirrors. I always felt very safe at this motel. The other customers were friendly as were the owners. The couple that owns the motel was terrific at handling everything when the OCTOBER SURPRISE STORM happened in Buffalo NY (10/06). The owner had a generator so we had water and I was still able to cook with the gas stove. I felt very lucky because most people in Western New York were without power for two weeks. Antique shops abound up and down Main Street. Also, don't miss ANTIQUE WORLD north of the motel on Main Street held outdoors in the Spring, Summer, and Fall every Sunday. Riding further North on Main Street you pass many 1960's era motels, still open and refurbished to look as cute as can be. Almost like a ride down route 66!! Fabulous restaurants in the area as well as Eastern Hills Mall! But back to the motel...I think you will like staying here. The best part about it was they charged me a reasonable monthly flat rate monthly fee for those two months I was waiting to close on my house. It was just perfect to meet my needs!

Stayed: June 2007
6  Thank Krista10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarence
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport
Fels Three Crown Motel
Fels Three Crown Motel
#2 of 2 in Clarence

Been to The Clarence Inn? Share your experiences!