“Not nearly as nice as it used to be”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clarence
Pittsburgh, PA
“Not nearly as nice as it used to be”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This place used to be great but now not so much. Room was clean and well maintained but that's about the best I can say. When we arrived it was 14 degrees outside and there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground. The heat in our room was completely shut off even though we had a reservation (for which we had to prepay). It took several hours for the room to warm up to the point where we could take off our jackets. Also the parking lot was not plowed and the walk was not cleared so we had to trudge through the snow to go back and forth from our car to the room.

It's obvious that this place is now all about cutting corners to save money, which I can understand but, considering the price I think they've gone a bit too far.

Room Tip: A suite is nice in the winter because the fireplace helps warm it up quicker
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dhlogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Batavia, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I SURPRISED AT THE TERRIBLE REVIEWS I JUST READ.....
I have stayed here on four occasions and yet to have had a bad experience. I normally rent one of the mini-suites....some are better than others....the master-suite I have recently rented and it was lovely. The service is only adequate but I don't go there to be pampered I like the privacy. My rooms have always been clean, clean linen and plenty of it....I have never stayed in the summer so I have no idea about the pool conditions. The best deal is actually the master-suite and for the little extra money that it costs over the other rooms...that is what I would suggest. Room 138 and 144 are the nicest out of the ones I've stayed in....137 is a mini-suite with living-room space and fireplace, kitchenet, bedroom, and only has a Jacuzzi tub in bathroom....144 is a master suite it has a bedroom with fireplace, full kitchen, separate room with full sized hot-tub, and bathroom....137 is a very simple room with fireplace and red heart shaped Jacuzzi next to bed....the other room I stayed in I cannot remember the room number but it was one large room with living-room furniture and the Jacuzzi next to the bed, no fireplace....I believe there are at least two more rooms with Jacuzzi's and possibly fireplaces in them - I think one of them has a white heart shaped Jacuzzi. I was not at all disappointed with the Village Haven....I rented a very simple two-bed room with a TV and nothing else at the Comfort Inn that cost me more money than the master-suite here.....and the service at the Comfort Inn was way worse...same with the cleanliness.

Room Tip: rent the master-suite room 144.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zoe M
DennisP1211, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We couldn't thank you enough for sharing your descriptions of our rooms and your positive reply. We are trying very hard to improve our property on and on-going basis. We have just replaced a/c conditioners in half our rooms, and all of our rooms are newly carpeted. Actually right now we have a contractor on site doing new tiling in all of our jacuzzi rooms and our 32'' flat screens are coming in any day. And our jauzzi's have all been resurfaced. We are very excited about the improvements and look forward to your return visit and look forward to many more visitors like you. Again, thanks so much for your thoughtful words!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarence
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
#4 of 12 in Batavia
The Clarence Inn
The Clarence Inn
#1 of 4 in Clarence

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!