“No negatives”

Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport
Mississauga, Canada
“No negatives”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed at this place this past Saturday night and my experience was 100% positive. I booked through hotwire and had no clue what I was getting, but took a chance on a 55% discount for a one-night shopping trip stayover. It worked out very well.

The location is great, surrounded by great restaurants and close to shopping. The staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are recently renovated and large. Our room had a small kitchen consisting of a refrigerator, stove top, microwave, sink, and dishwasher. It would be perfect for a multi-day business trip, or for travelers who do not like to eat out. The TV was a good size LG flat screen with a good variety of channels. The queen-size bed was super comfy. The pillows were not my preference, but everyone has their own thing where pillows are concerned. We also took advantage of the pool and hot tub, and really enjoyed both. Good size and temperature, and clean. The morning breakfast buffet which is included in the price of the room was also great. Sausage, eggs, cereal, breads, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, etc.

I would recommend this place, and definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lori B
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Lori thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay! I am happy to hear you enjoyed it! I am always thankful for folks that recognize my team as they truly are the hardest working team in the business! I loved how diplomatic you were about the pillows and to be honest with you we feel that is an area we can make better and have begun the switch already. We are hoping to have a whole new pillow package in place throughout the whole hotel by the end of July! Once again, thank you so much and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Virginia, USA
Reviewed May 8, 2014

In town for a wedding and checked in around midnight. Front desk personnel very friendly and informational. Our son slept on the pull out sofa in the living room and said it was comfortable. I absolutely LOVED the Wolfgang Puck coffee served in the breakfast buffet.

We had a minor housekeeping issue which was settled promptly. And, the next day a staff member knocked on our door to make sure everything was to our liking. Room was clean and well appointed. We would definitely stay here again when in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
I am very thankful you took the time to offer your feedback about your stay! I have to say our entire team enjoyed having your group with us! Everyone with your group was so kind and upbeat to our entire team, it was just a pleasure to be a part of your family and friends big event! Now that you know about us, the hope is we will see you again and often! Thank you again and we all look forward to having you back!

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were guests of the Staybridge for a wedding. We had a King bed suite which was very nicely appointed. Kitchen is clean with all the items you need. Living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom are all a good size and comfortable if you have a few people. Rooms seem sound proof which is a nice plus. In a lot of hotels you can hear everything in the hallways but not this one...it was really quiet. The bedding could use some updating but it was fine.
Staff is all very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast is plentiful and fresh. There is lots to choose from to eat and there are hot and cold items. Dining room is quite clean and inviting. Hot beverages are available 24 hours I think.

We had dinner one night at Carmines which was next to the hotel. It was delicious and they were able to accommodate 13 of us at the last minute .

The hotel had lots of extras to occupy you. A small putting green, basketball hoop, pool, weight room, laundry facilities. It's an excellent choice if you are staying long term.

I have only two complaints. 1) I seem to have been bitten many times by a bug of some sort. I cannot confirm it was bed bugs but the bites I have are consistent with bed bugs. I had one bite the first morning when I woke up then way more on the second morning. 2) The bathroom amenities (shampoo, conditioner etc...) are very poor quality. I would bring your own.

Other than that we had a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank OnTheRoadAgain328
Thank you so much for writing! I am happy to hear about all the nice things during your stay! I did reach out to you on Wednesday to let you know we had our extermination company out to check the room you stayed in and they found no evidence of any type of bug whatsoever. As I mentioned on the voice mail I left you, I would be happy to forward that report from them to you. One of the great parts of the Staybridge Brand is that pest control is required of all properties several times each month. You had mentioned the bedding as well and I was surprised to hear it as the bedding on all of our beds is the brand new bedding package just rolled out by Staybridge over the last 3 months! Hopefully we will get to see you again and earn a five star rating! Thank you again!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Buffalo every few years for some business and it has always been "settling for" some hotel. FINALLY a hotel that meets all the requirements.
EZ airport access
EZ access to travel across the border
Great rooms
Wonderful little drinks and snacks in the evening
Very good breakfast
A jacuzzi and pool INDOORS!
Plenty of dining options including really good Italian at Carmines (right next door)
Coffee maker and en-suite options for cooking
Outdoor grills

Don't miss staying here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank irloyal
Wow! Our whole team was really excited to read this review! Thank you so much! I can never stress enough how great it is when we receive reviews that point out all the hard work each member of the staff puts in each day. The payoff for our team is having amazing guests, like yourself, that get to fully enjoy their time with us and then go the extra mile to acknowledge everything and, by extension, everyone involved. Thank you very much! We cannot wait to have you back and when you return we would like you to know we have recently changed both our breakfast and dinner menus and as a man who loves food as much as I do, I have to say these menus are amazing! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Panjim, India
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here for a week and found the overall experience very pleasant. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful. The pool was decent and the hot tub spa very relaxing. It is conveniently located very close to the airport. Will definitely stay here if I travel to Buffalo again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback! I always love to hear the word "comfortable" in a review. That one word lets me know that we are right on target for our goal of making our hotel feel like home! Thank you for being a part of our family now and I hope we get to see you again in the near future! I hope this note finds you and finds you well!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Booked a night for my wife and I through Priceline. A little more expensive than my normal bids for the Millenium, but the return was amazing.
Check in was incredibly smooth and pleasant. We were one of the last checkin's of the evening, and the young lady offered us a free upgrade. Don't know if it was my incredible charm, the fact my wife was pregnant or they just didn't have another room for us, but it was a pleasant surprise and something I have not been exposed to when booking thru a third party website.
The king suite was spacious, with two large flat screens, a dvd player and a nice sitting area. The kitchenette was nice, looked new and was well stocked. We did not use the jacuzzi tub and its a little weird having a tub in your actual bedroom but my wife said that's just the style, not necessarily a knock on the suite design. The room was clean. A little rust around the tub drain but that's just being picky.
The continental breakfast was continental but the sitting area in the lobby was very nice and had lots of room. We didn't use any of the facilities but it looked like it had a nice pool, there was a basketball court and a putting green.
The location is a bit out of the way for our normal shopping routine but you are a 10 min. drive to the airport. Close enough to Walden and Boulevard.
I'm not sure what the rack room nightly rate is for this hotel but I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! I always enjoy reading reviews for people that come here and discover us for the first time! Of course all of us here are pleased you folks enjoyed the stay. After talking with our staff it turns out, it was your charm that got the upgrade! :) Our rates are always affordable and I hope we get to see you folks again! Thank you once again and I hope this note finds you and finds you well.

Mississauga
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here before our early flight out of the Buffalo airport. Staff were friendly upon check-in. We had a room with a double bed and a pull out bed. The pull out bed was pretty uncomfortable, but it was only one night. We thought we were going to get two actual double beds. They had a nice kitchenette, that included microwaveable popcorn, coffee, tea and dishes and cutlery if necessary. We did not have an opportunity to take advantage of the hot breakfast because we had to get to the airport early. But, what we did like a lot was the fact they had take out breakfast bags which you could fill with fruits and granola bars. This was helpful so we did not go hungry. The shuttle service going to the airport was quick and efficient. Parking was included in our deal. The parking lot was full when we got there and we were told to park anyplace we could find a spot. In the morning, we moved the car to an open spot as the lot had cleared out a bit. The shuttle bus coming back from the airport we did have to wait about 30 minutes. The courtesy phone in the airport does not connect directly to this hotel. I tried to use a pay phone at the airport but it ate my money. Therefore I was forced to use my cell phone (I'm from Canada so not just a cheap call). They said the driver was already on their way dropping someone else to the airport and would come by afterwards. The drive back to the hotel was fine. The hotel staff were extremely helpful when we got back to our car to find our car battery was dead and the maintenance guy gave us a boost. Personally, in future, I would prefer to book a hotel closer to the airport, but we did get a good price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review! We appreciate the fact that enjoyed your stay! I echo your thoughts on the parking, the great news is that our ownership group is addressing this small issue and moving forward that will no longer be a concern! Thank you again for staying with and we all hope that we get to see you again!

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarence
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport? Share your experiences!