“Clean, spacious and perfect”

Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport
Hamilton
“Clean, spacious and perfect”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This trip was our annual Black Friday trip with three of us. The breakfast choices were great, rooms fabulous, and clean, and proximity to shopping was also good. But.... we were limited to either having one person sleeping on a couch (bad backs at our age doesn't really make this viable), or spending more for a two bedroom suite. As two rooms were cheaper, we opted for the two rooms but there are also no interconnecting rooms.

Very reasonably priced. Loved it, and would stay again. The pool area was also clean and the hot tub, hot. Perfect after a long day on our feet.

Room Tip: When there are lots of kids - or ignorant shoppers - try to go to the highest floor so that you don...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank filickar
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Black Friday is always fun here and I am glad you all made it down! Our crew here works hard to make sure everyone has a great stay! Next year when you are ready to come down, call me directly and I will be happy to work with you about a 2 bedroom suite. We can't have any of our shoppers slowed with back issues! :) Thank you once again and we all look forward to seeing you all again!

Staybridge Suites Buffalo/Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 26, 2013

So, I don't usually write negative reviews, but sadly enough on our recent trip to Buffalo for the holidays we stayed at the Staybridge Suites where the motto should be: Their Mistake Will Be Your Problem.

Let me give you a quick rundown of the "fun" we had:

-Someone keyed into our room while we in there.
-The hotel lost power.
-The lamps were broken and patched back together.
-The free breakfast was nice, until you realize the meat choice was heated up lunchmeat.
-The airport shuttle man was very, very nice and lent us a scraper during an ice storm.

We booked our stay through Southwest Vacations (we've done this before and NEVER had a problem). We checked in and gave our debit card for the "incidental charges" which was reasonable. Our problems began when the trip ended.

Christmas morning we awoke to a smaller balance in our account than should have been there. Upon looking into it, we realized that Staybridge had charged our card for the stay...never mind that we PREPAID for the room which was clearly marked on the account. We called and while they owned the mistake the best they could do was refund the money which would take 5-7 business days. While we can survive, I can't imagine what would happen if, you know, that was someones grocery money or gas money. It's a terrible thing and tantamount to theft -- and sorry, but "sorry" doesn't cut it. Someone needs to learn to read the guest slips and take care doing their job, that's the bottom line.

It only gets worse when you understand that we called Customer Service and snotty representative basically said "oh well." Her big solution? She could *cancel* the refund and send a cheque, but as she said "that would take twice as long." What kind of solution is that?

Long story short? There are a bunch of hotels up and down the road, stay at one of those.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Italiahaircolor
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Ashley, I am so sorry to see that your stay was not all that it should have been. I will be reaching out to you today to speak with you directly. As is the case with any business, we strive to make sure every guest has a great stay. Our only goal is to make each guest happy. When we fall short of that, no matter the reason, it is a serious situation and we will do whatever we can to make things right. I look forward to speaking with you to make things right for you and your family. Mark Pilato General Manager Staybridge Suites Buffalo/Airport
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I wish that we had read about room 206 before we checked in. We have been coming to this hotel since 2009 once to twice a year and we have recommended it to our friends. Up to today, our stays were always great. The staff are great and the meals (evenings and breakfasts) are good.

But, last night, we stayed in Room 206. In our opinion, the hotel should either solve the problems associated with this room or find some other use for it. It would appear that this room is above heavy machinery that deals with climate control in the building. As a previous reviewer mentioned, the floor vibrates (not a big deal for us), but the real problem was the intermittent noise and occasional loud banging that we could feel through the floor. And that banging was rather violent. We did not contact the front desk because, to be honest, we thought there must have been some heavy machinery operating near-by off-property. It was only when the kids were asleep that we realized that these noises and movements were going to be with us for the night. And they were. We were continually woken by the noises and the banging (and we are not light sleepers).

I've made a note in my planner to avoid room 206, and so should you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ian N
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I am troubled to hear that this last stay for you was not all that it should have been. One of the basic things a guest should expect is a peaceful nights sleep was their day is done. We clearly let you down in relation to the noise issue. I will be working with our design team this week to address the issue near that room so that does not happen again. I will be contacting you via email today to help plan your next stay with us. As you know from your previous stays, this issue is the exception and not the norm. Please be assured it will be corrected. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had never stayed here before, but certainly will again. Nice clean and quiet room. Very nice having large fridge to use. Very friendly staff, they all seemed to enjoy working there. The breakfast was very good as well. The gentleman looking after breakfast the 2 mornings we were there did a great job. Even when he cleaned tables it was more than a quick wipe, he took pride in what he did! Very centrally located for shopping. This will be our "go to" hotel from now on!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oilexec
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay! I always love to hear the phrase this will be our "go to" hotel! It was nice to see the word pride mentioned in your review as we do have a staff who takes great pride in everything they do. Thank you for noticing. Very shortly we will be setting up a Canadian Shopper package so when you are ready to come back please look for it! We are looking forward to seeing you hopefully very soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am a frequent traveler and this was by far the best experience I have had lately at a hotel. My family and I visited from Cleveland and decided to take a last minute weekend trip to Niagara Falls. When we arrived to the area we were astounded to find most hotels in the area sold out as it was a Saturday night. We found this Staybridge Suites in Buffalo and were so very impressed with the staff, in particular the front desk clerk Maria and general manager Mark. They were both so very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable room that included breakfast. When we discovered the hotel had a pool, my son did not have a bathing suit so the manager went above and beyond to go to the local walmart and get us the things we needed. We spent the whole weekend at this hotel instead of checking out the next day and staying in Niagara Falls. Thank you to the staff for making our family vacation such a wonderful & memorable trip! The hotel was also very clean and the breakfast the next morning very good. GREAT hotel, thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay! It is always nice for our team to hear about great experiences from our guests. There really is nothing more important to us than our guests and we all try to do anything we can to make sure your stay is all that it can be. Our entire team is happy we accomplished that for you and your family! Hopefully we get to see you all again!

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Usually I stay in another hotel, but it was booked for my last minute trip, so my secretary found me a room at this hotel. It was convenient because they shuttle pickup to and from the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable.
When I checked out the following day the General Manager, I think his name was Mark, asked me how my stay was since he noticed it was my first time at that hotel. He was very pleasant and thanked me for choosing Staybridge Clarence. It's nice to know a manager actually takes interest in their guests even when there is nothing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ted S
Thank you so much for the kind review. As always, I was very pleased to read about your nice stay. We strive every day to make each of our guests feel like a part of our family. Of course we all hope to see you again and thank you for staying with us!

Toronto
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had redeemed my IHG Reward Points for our stay on Sep 28. At 25,000 Reward Points, this hotel is not cheap so one would expect some "value for your money."

The studio suite was small with a bed that did not look quite a queen and a sofa bed that badly needs replacement. The mattress and springs kept me awake most of the night.

The kitchen is small with a smallish fridge (that worked very well), a stove top with two burners, one of which did not work. I called but no help came, so I found it out myself that the burner had not been "plugged in." There were dishes, glasses and cutlery but no cutting board.

Now, this is not a reflection of the hotel itself but the lack of consideratiom of some of the guests. Throughout the night, I heard doors slamming, and this coupled with the very uncomfortable sofa bed, resulted in a very restless sleep for me.

Check-in was very efficient and the front desk clerk on duty was very pleasant. She was genuinely welcoming. Check out was swift as well but the clerk (a different one) did not even bother to ask, "How was your stay."

Location-wise, it's good and it's set up high overlooking Transit Road. Stores and restaurants are within a short drive on either side of the hotel on Transit Road. Highway access is also good. There is also the Eastern Hills shopping mall that is a 2-minute drive away but that mall has certainly seen better days.

Breakfast was included and it was OK.

The irony is that on one of the walls in the two elevators is a big poster that tells guests that they would be receiving a survey and that the hotel is looking for their guests to score them a "10." You need to be deserving of a 10. Well, from my perspective, you don't.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank udomeidouwedo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear udomeidouwedo,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. it is nice to know that you were checked-in efficiently. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarence
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport? Share your experiences!