“Can't beat a fish market for the best fish”
Review of Hayes Fish Co.

Hayes Fish Co.
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Clarence
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Run by long time fish family....half retail fish counter, half counter restaurant. Large regular menu of standards.....a least a dozen blackboard specials the night I was there.
you order at the counter, find a seat, and your meal is brought to you. Help yourself to ice water. Limited beer and wine available.
I had standard breaded fish fry. Great fish....hard to find best quality haddock. Standard sides are ordinary.
Companion had soft she'll crabs. Lightly fried...very good.
Prices are moderate...decent value for the quality of the fish. Great variety....much more than a standard restaurant can offer.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Dined @ Hayes last Friday evening. Got there a little after 5 pm & the line had already formed. As the time wore on, the line grew out the door & down the sidewalk in front. Crowds! Families! And it won't be cheap. Am sure some of those families paid over $200 to order their own food & then pick it up to bring to their table! Wow! The seafood is fine quality & always is tasty. My order of clam strips this visit was pitiful, tho'. If I had 3 "strips" that was a lot. The rest of my basket was crumbs of fried clams. I could have used a spoon to eat them, really too small to stab with a fork. Funny too, how if you order fries you get a good pile of them (which weren't really hot this visit) but if you order their potato salad you get about 2 tablespoons in a covered plastic container, same size as the one the cole slaw is served in. It's a popular place but we felt it wasn't up to par for our meal.

1  Thank Bluesie
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I recently visited Hayes for the first time, though I'm somewhat of a local. I ordered the broiled salmon dinner. It was done to perfection and the fish was incredibly fresh tasting. Best salmon I've had in a long time, possibly ever. Sides were delicious too. I cannot wait to go back and try other items as everything on the menu looks good. Very pleasant staff, both at the counter and the server who brought my food.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times and it's always been good. The fish is amazing and their soups are very good as well.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

here's a little fishy that decided to swim in a bigger pool, offering an outstanding array of fresh seafood with decent sides in a semi-upscale atmosphere... long drive for us, and mrs. cg eschews seafood, but for the cheap gourmet, it's better than a trip to his favorite fishing hole

Been to Hayes Fish Co.? Share your experiences!