“Yum, Yum, Yum!”

Dining options: Reservations
Memphis TN
“Yum, Yum, Yum!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Were on rare NY visit and long-time locals offered to take us to their favorite place...it was an excellent experience. The ambiance and decor met our mid-American expectations for a NY local eatery. The service was helpful and attentive. We had a delicious and varied antipasto platter that was so generous we took the remnants home. The two in our group who tried the skirt steak special thought it was quite good. I relied on the waiters suggestion of the bacon-wrapped grilled scallops; they were moist, flavorful and generously portioned. We would certainly never have found this place if the locals had not taken us; it is a local gem!

1 Thank burtw

New York City
“Pleasant Summer Dinner”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We dined at Artie's last evening with friends. It was worth the drive from Chelsea.
The service was excellent - the waiters prompt, helpful, and knowledgeable, and they accommodated our desire for a leisurely meal.
The food was good to very good. For starters, the standout was my husband's mussels Provencal; the clam chowder was good. Our friends had the lobster, which they said was delicious. The sole entree was good but HUGE - 4 big pieces! The broiled Captain's Platter was also quite large and good.
We would make the trip again.
Our main complaint is that a family with a 2/3 yr old was seated next to us and the child screamed and cried throughout. Though we had a desirable window table, we will ask to be seated in another room next time.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank NewYorkCityTrekker
White Plains, New York
“Family night out”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Not so impressed by the presentation of the food. The food was just average.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Dian G
New York, New York, United States
“Fathers day Treat”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I must say things were not what I expect here for a fathers day. no long wait for a table.I was told by the the host I needed a reservation which I didn't have. No problem , I was seated within ten minutes. The food was good however , it took about 30 to 40 minutes to get the main course. That just reminded me myfood was actually cooked to order not mass produced like the other eateries on that island. The food was fresh. No one was rushing me to eat or leave. I will visted this eatery again.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Robert T
Yonkers, New York
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Went on a Sunday night for a nice quiet dinner. Got in and was met by nice friendly face. we were seated quickly and service was extremely good. Dinner was great, wine was excellent and overall experience was super! Will go back!

• Visited June 2012