“Great experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Went on a Sunday night for a nice quiet dinner. Got in and was met by nice friendly face. we were seated quickly and service was extremely good. Dinner was great, wine was excellent and overall experience was super! Will go back!

1  Thank paule70

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Visited Artie's with another couple for the first time. Service was excellent and enthusiastic. All four of us loved the food which was a variety of delicious fish and traditional Italian dishes. I particularly loved my shrimp and scallop appetizer. Scallops were done to perfection! My husband had the baby lamb chop appetizer which he found superb. The scallops wrapped in bacon and Chilean sea bass didn't disappoint either. We all agreed we would return.

1  Thank edie95
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We've dined at Artie's a number of times and we have never been disappointed. Caribbean Jerked Mahi Mahi is spicy but very tasty. Spicy Grilled Steak Sandwich is always a good choice for lunch. The pastas are always fresh and delicious. Go to Artie's, you'll enjoy it.

1  Thank HappyFloridians
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The best seafood on City Island. It’s a very short drive past the very large restaurant at the beginning on City Island on the northern side of the street. We have been here now 4 times and every fish dish has been exceptionally made. It doesn’t matter if you want tuna, shrimp, Mahi Mahi or the special of the day it is extremely well prepared and presented. They also have a mixing of Italian dishes and steaks but I always have the fish. It’s a quaint atmosphere but nothing exceptional. Service has always been above average and there prices are reasonable. I will be back.

1  Thank kptkelly
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We just got the chance to stop by Artie's up in the Bronx, and I'm glad to report it is still as good as ever. We started with an eggplant rollatini app which was awesome. All of those beautifully roasted eggplant wedges layered with luscious ricotta and topped with creamy mozzarella was pure bliss.

For our mains I went with a pork chop duo which came with roasted potatoes and sauteed broccoli and my chick went with the chicken parm and pasta. These guys at Artie's don't mess around. Each of the entrees probably weighed about 3 lbs at least. Massive portions! As for the quality, food was great. Though, on the downside, the pasta was a miss. The sauce was nice, but the pasta itself was overdone. They also didn't cook the two together, they just plopped the sauce right on top.

Overall though, it was a great experience, as it usually is. Friendly staff, comfortable dining room, and good pricing make it a top choice for City Island.

By the way, I should mention that Artie's has parking on the far side, but the lot was undoubtedly created by a Nazi madman, I'm sure. When it gets full, it is impossible to get out without 35 separate maneuvers, especially if you are parked right next to the building. Beware!

1  Thank purewaves

Been to Artie's Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!