“Country Cooking”

Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Brockville,ON
“Country Cooking”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food was delicious, the portions were huge and the service was excellent at Cracker Barrel. Our waitress was Sharon W. and she treated us like family and took great care of us.

My wife and I ordered the New England clam chowder and it was one of the best chowders that we’ve ever eaten. It was rich, full of clams and was extremely tasty.

My son ordered the chicken sliders with French fries while my wife and I got the Friday fish fry. The portions were generous and our meals were delicious. My son ordered the Coca Cola cake for desert and enjoyed every bite of it.

• Visited March 2014

CLAY
“Good family resturant”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

You are made to fill welcome as soon as you walk thur the front door, everyone that is not busy greets you. The hostess are very polite and pleasent as they take you to your table. The servers do keep you wating even if they are busy, great breakfest food, portions are large and the meals are served hot. The french toast combos, and the pancake combos are the best around. Nice Ruben sandwich, fish dinner. This resturant is very busy on the weekends, and the wait canbe 30 minutes or more during prime eating hours. Management is always on the fool helping out and making sure that everything is running smoothly

• Visited March 2014
Ogdensburg, New York
“nice server but average food”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Our server was very nice but food was only average. We had breakfast in the morning and speed of service wasn't bad.

Visited February 2014
Cornwall, Canada
“Nice meal good prices”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I like to eat at Cracker Barrel for great choices on the menu; I ordered the country plate rainbow trout with carrots, cheese grits and corn muffins while my wife had the fried chicken Sunday special with carrots, cooked cabbage and biscuits. It’s nice to have smaller portions at a lower price, I often overeat at places like this and having the smaller portion is great for travelling. The carrots were a bit overcooked but nice and sweet with maple flavour, the fish was nicely seasoned and the chicken was very moist and had a crunchy coating. The grits were good; obviously not as good as the ones in Georgia but a good attempt. All in all great food; 2 complete meals for under $20 total.

• Visited February 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“All Day Breakfast was Just what I Needed”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I like this chain of Restaurants. Familiar comfort food at reasonable prices served by friendly, efficient staff.
After a very early travel day start (5am), long lines at an airport, a 3 hour flight and retrieval of our car at a hotel, I needed food and breakfast for lunch seemed a good idea. Cracker Barrel delivered our meal quickly and it was good.
We were there at noon on a Thursday and though the parking lot looked full, there were plenty of open tables.
I ordered the 'Mama's Breakfast' 2 eggs cooked as you like them, bacon and 3 big fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Yum! My husband ordered the Blueberry Pancakes and he enjoyed them very much.
I always enjoy a browse around the gift shop. Gave me a chance to purchase a few small gift items for the friend who took care of our mail while we were away on vacation.

• Visited December 2013