“Nice meal good prices”

Cuisines: American
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I like to eat at Cracker Barrel for great choices on the menu; I ordered the country plate rainbow trout with carrots, cheese grits and corn muffins while my wife had the fried chicken Sunday special with carrots, cooked cabbage and biscuits. It’s nice to have smaller portions at a lower price, I often overeat at places like this and having the smaller portion is great for travelling. The carrots were a bit overcooked but nice and sweet with maple flavour, the fish was nicely seasoned and the chicken was very moist and had a crunchy coating. The grits were good; obviously not as good as the ones in Georgia but a good attempt. All in all great food; 2 complete meals for under $20 total.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I like this chain of Restaurants. Familiar comfort food at reasonable prices served by friendly, efficient staff.
After a very early travel day start (5am), long lines at an airport, a 3 hour flight and retrieval of our car at a hotel, I needed food and breakfast for lunch seemed a good idea. Cracker Barrel delivered our meal quickly and it was good.
We were there at noon on a Thursday and though the parking lot looked full, there were plenty of open tables.
I ordered the 'Mama's Breakfast' 2 eggs cooked as you like them, bacon and 3 big fluffy buttermilk pancakes. Yum! My husband ordered the Blueberry Pancakes and he enjoyed them very much.
I always enjoy a browse around the gift shop. Gave me a chance to purchase a few small gift items for the friend who took care of our mail while we were away on vacation.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

What's not to like about the illusion of stepping back in time? Cracker Barrel tries hard to please with a vast menu of hearty "home style" meal options. However, on more than one occasion, the meat portion of the dish was served raw in the center. This might be acceptable for a steak, but not for sausage and certainly not for chicken. Yuck.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a large group, about 5 PM on a Saturday. If we had been a half an hour later, we would have been in a long line. Service is fast, friendly. This is not gourmet food, but is like eating in your grandmothers kitchen. Good, homestyle comfort food, and lots of it. Prices are very reasonable. Since the several times I have been there have been very busy, obviously others must feel the same

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here while on a roadtrip - Didn't expect much, but the food portions were huge for the price. Super fatty though - wouldn't go if it wasn't the only option.