“Excellent choice for singles, couples and especially families”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Yow
“Excellent choice for singles, couples and especially families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I stayed here on December 31st, 2013, for 2 nights. The hotel and the staff super exceeded our expectations. It started at check in. They identified us by name. I was really impressed with that. We were 4. 2 adults, 1 12 year old and 1 13 year old. We had 1 room but the room was so big and spacious with 2 double beds! and wait, a pull out sofa! It was comfortable for all of us. The girls each had their own bed. The room was very clean, bathroom clean with all necessary amenities. They have a nice big pool, and a nice gym. My husband liked the gym. Breakfast was excellent. Many choices. Hot and cold. Your choice. That was included in the cost. The lady who was responsible for breakfast worked really hard to accommodate us. I also observed her doing the same for others. She deserves recognition. Thanks again HI. This is actually the best HI I have ever stayed in. This hotel is 11 minutes from the Destination US Dr. Mall.
If you like shopping, this mall is everything. There is even an outlet, a carousel and zipling there. Families can easily spend the whole day there.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms should be quiet. The location of the hotel itself is a quiet one.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

We live in the north country, escaped the arrival of an ice storm and stayed in Cicero before going to family's house. Every person we met was professional, considerate and very good at their job. The breakfast attendant was especially great, friendly, attentive and went above and beyond expectations.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013
Daniel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
LORI C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! Your compliments on the staff are very much appreciated and they will definitely be shared with our employees. I'm glad to hear you were able to safely make it to the hotel, our friends north here have already received an entire season worth of snow! We hope you enjoyed your time with your family, happy holidays!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here the last week of September in room 210. There was a definite musty smell to the room but noting unbearable, considering how late it was and how early I had to be up. A few weeks later I was back and stayed in room 324 without a problem. Fast forward to my most recent stay 2 weeks ago. I checked into room 206 and was overcome with the strong, unmistakable smell of mold. I've sold real estate off and on for 21 years and there's no confusing that smell. I immediately thought back to my previous stay in the room 2 doors down. This room was much worse, it was overpowering. I literally couldn't take a deep breath, you could TASTE it in the air. I was given another room at the front desk without a hassle but was alarmed by how routine it seemed for the girl at the desk. That wing of the building has a serious problem. I noticed a faint smell in the front hallway by the pool as well. I would strongly caution anyone with allergies about this hotel, actually, just anyone in general.

Room Tip: There's another hotel across the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Daniel S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Brad H,

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, I apologize that you experienced this during your stay. I have already taken the rooms out of order from our system and have sent our maintenance department to investigate the cause of the smell. We are currently in the process of removing everything from the room and we will certainly take whatever action is necessary to completely and thoroughly resolve the issue. Thank you for your review and continued business at our hotel, it is important to us and we hope you do return to give us another chance, as I am confident it is an isolated issue with just these rooms. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss the issue further or if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn on our way back from Boston in early November 2013. Pedro was very efficient and helpful and went out of his way to offer tips and directions to places we wanted to visit in the area. Rooms are clean. Right next to the Crackle Barrel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jeco_61
Daniel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
jeco_61,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that Pedro was able to assist you and deliver the high level of customer service that we strive for. We look forward to seeing you next time you pass through our area!

Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I'm a frequent visitor to Holiday Inn Express hotels and looked forward to our first visit to this property. Prevously, we've weekend-getawayed to the HIE in Watertown. We were interested in exploring Syracuse for a change.

We're so glad we did. The hotel and pool was very clean. If you get a chance, upgrade to the larger 2 queen room like we did. It's sort of angular and seems to be 2 rooms in the space of 3. Very unique and this upgrade was very much appreciated. I'd pay a little more for that room any day when travelling with kids.

Watch out: the service road is a little confusing. It looks like you're heading back on the northbound interstate, no fault of the hotel though.

Next to a Cracker Barrel but honestly the free hotel breakfast was excellent and we passed on the country feast.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger 2 queen bed rooms. Unique spacious design is totally worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rdolishny
rdolishny,

Thank you for your review, we're glad you decided to venture down to Syracuse and stay with us! It's great that you were able to enjoy the pool, breakfast, and many of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. The room you stayed in was one of our executive rooms if you wish to reference it next time you stay! Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel and I can honestly say that we will come back. Everyone was very accommodating and helpful. Fanny was just the absolute best and took care of us as if we were visiting her home personally. Wonderful stay and wonderful accommodations, thanks again!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
theprinzesmom,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments on Fanny and the rest of the staff. I will make sure to share them with her and the rest of our employees. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Huntington Station, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Fanny and Pedro went out of their way to make our stay at the hotel a very pleasent and enjoyable one. They went above and beyond what their job was called for. They are an asset to your company and they should be awarded for their hard work and dedication to this organization.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cicero
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#2 of 12 in Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay
Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Address: 5860 Carmenica Dr, Cicero, NY 13039-8533
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Cicero
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area