Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Silvis, Illinois
“new and very nice”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

There are not many hotels to stay at in Cicero. This one is new and very nice. The room was large and clean, and well kept. Only issue was they charged my credit for all 3 days before we even arrived, I did not believe I had agreed to this when making my reservation on-line. Also, no printed receipt was provided when requested by me. I was told that was because I reserved room on-line. I just did not get that! We would definitely stay here again as the hotel was conveniently located for our visit to Cicero.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BOBALOU06
Daniel S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Bobalou06,

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! In regards to your bill, it sounds like you reserved your room using a 3rd party website like Expedia. In these instances Expedia actually charges your card prior to arrival and then the hotel charges Expedia for your stay. When this happens the hotel does not actually have access to what you paid and a receipt must be obtained through Expedia.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the billing please feel free to contact me with your reservation information and I would be happy to research it for you.

Thank you for your business and we’ll see you again soon!

Daniel Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had been staying at a different hotel that sucked for a lot of reasons, so when we arrived here it was like heaven! We like Holiday Inn Express hotels and picked it for that reason. The hotel is very comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was wonderful, spacious and comfortable. Great bed! We stayed for two nights and really, really enjoyed the stay. Would definitely recommend and we'd come back here if we're in the area again. Of course the complementary breakfast was the usual good stuff, including those wonderful cinnimon rolls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I once again stayed at this hotel while on a quick weekend shopping trip in the Syracuse area. It's roadside location is great and there is tons of parking available. The hotel is clean and modern and the price is right, as we paid just $125/night, including taxes and breakfast. This time around we had a really large room in the centre of the second floor, with two beds, a table with three chairs and a separate seating area with two armchairs and matching footstools. There was a fridge, microwave and bar sink tucked into a counter installed along the back wall and the bathroom was clean and spacious. The complimentary breakfast offers the standard fare for a Holiday Inn Express, including both hot and cold choices. The difference at this location is the engaging woman who tends to the place. She moves from table to table greeting people and re-filling coffee cups. She rushes to re-stock the food as items begin to run low in the buffet. And she goes out of her way to make children feel special. It's great to start the day in such good company. This location has a great indoor pool and yet the lobby never smells like chlorine, as often happens in other hotels. The little "business centre" is convenient for guests needing access to a computer and printer, but I personally appreciate the free wi-fi so that I can readily access the internet in my room to check e-mail, verify store hours and locations, etc. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door that is a great place for a hearty lunch or dinner at a reasonable price. The only downside is that there is currently no easy access to the restaurant. Instead, one has to walk through the whole length of the parking lot, down the main driveway, along the roadside, and then back up a driveway into the restaurant. Given the late hour and dark night conditions, we actually opted to take our car the 100 metres to the restaurant, on the front desk clerk's recommendation! We had spent the day shopping at the Waterloo Premium Outlets, less than an hour away, so we slept well in the comfortable beds and enjoyed a bit of television from amongst the many channels available on the large, flatscreen TV. There is a Super Walmart and a large Target just a five minute drive away on Brewerton and, maybe ten minutes west of that, a decent enough mall (Great Northern) and some other big box stores and restaurants in Clay. We will continue to use this hotel as a welcome stopping point on our regular weekend shopping excursions as you can't beat the location, quality, service or price.

Room Tip: We were in Room 221 in the middle of the second floor and it was really spacious and well equipped.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed on August 2, 2012. Our room was very nice and clean. Fanny was a super friendly lady in the morning and the breakfast was good! We did not use any of the hotel facilities such as the pool as we checked in late and stayed only for one night. It was our first stay a this hotel and we definitely recommend it..

Room Tip: We travelled by motorcycle and requested a room facing the parking and were very satisfied.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed this past weekend (14-16Sep) and it was awesome. Fanny was a super nice lady in the morning, always positive. The breakfast was very good and the kids loved it. The pool could have been a little hotter. The sofa bed was a bit uncomfortable but overall very nice place to stay for shopping. I highly recommend it. Would stay there again. Staff very helpful, very clean place. Good prices.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here and the day after I was charged $250 for a smoking fee. I do not smoke! I called the employes gave me the run around saying that there general manager was out. Finally called again and got ahold of the manager. After a rude conversation with him he accused me of being a "pot head" and said too bad. I searched online and found similar cases of this happening all with different total fees, $100, $200 and now mine of $250. To add to this story, when I arrived to my room I found a prior guest had left dirty socks next to the bed. I guess the maids missed that but they for sure could tell that i was smoking. I will never stay at a holiday inn ever again, especially this one and I recommend to everyone that they do not either. (Attached below is a picture of the room right before I checked out. There was no damage what so ever.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 702RyanMP
Daniel S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
702RyanMP,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time any guest takes to provide us with feedback about our hotel. As you know our property is 100% smoke free and per the agreement which you signed and initialed at check in – smoking in a room will result in a $250 cleaning fee. Upon inspection of your room after checkout it was found that the room not only obtained a significant smell of smoke, but physical evidence of smoking including cigarette butts and ashes.

Per the policy of our hotel we must charge the smoking fee in order to ensure the room is properly cleaned and able to be occupied by any guest expecting a non smoking room. This includes removing any and all allergens which may affect a hypoallergenic guest staying in our hotel.

As you indicated during our conversation, you were not present in your room the majority of the night and there were other individuals occupying your room. In this instance as the registered guest of the room you are still responsible for any of the on goings or actions which occur.

I sympathize with your situation as there may be merit to the fact that you yourself do not smoke. However, in respect of our other guests we must ensure that the room is properly cleaned and that we are actively enforcing our policy to prevent any future issue from occurring. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this issue any further, please do hesitate to call me directly. Thank you.

Daniel Smith
Altoona, FL
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Excellent hotel, new and clean. The breakfast is awesome and Fanny is the best host. She goes out of her way for her customers. Great customer service. She was such a pleasure to see every morning. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cicero
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North
Budget Inn Cicero
#3 of 3 in Cicero
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport
Knights Inn Syracuse/Liverpool

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Address: 5860 Carmenica Dr, Cicero, NY 13039-8533
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Cicero
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cicero
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area